Pls recommend your at home strength training app/program!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    slunburg wrote: »
    Minimally, sure. I’m not saying you need to lift a ton; and it depends on goals. If you only do body weight though, you can’t increase the weight. I’m not a fan of the body weight method, but whatever works for you.

Convict fitness is strictly progressive body weight exercises and builds some serious muscle.

Some people respond sensitively to training which is truly awesome.

I would hazard most prisoners you see gain "serious muscle" partake in "enhancements" during their in house training though. We have to look at the whole picture when we see certain results and one program doesn't mean everyone will respond the same or even at all for that matter because we are individuals.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    slunburg wrote: »
    I guess you don’t watch those prison shows then. Prisons have weight sets in the yard and prisoners come up with ingenuous ways to create their own weights to use in their cells. Sorry but I watch a bunch of those on tv, so I know they DO have weights. Nice try though!

I wasn't talking about convicts and their training methods. There is a specific training program created by Paul Wade called "Convict Conditioning" that is strictly body weight. It is designed to get someone fit and healthy. No, it likely won't get you ready for a body building competition but it will allow you to get stronger by building muscle without weights or a gym. That is what the original poster is asking for.
  • faithlovefit
    faithlovefit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look up Fitness Blender[[/i] on YouTube. They have low impact, hiit, no equipment, flexibility, cool down, how to, etc videos. All free!! But they do have fairly cheap paid programs on their website! I put together my own workouts with their freebies tho.
  • letsdothisej
    letsdothisej Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the You are your own gym 10 week beginner programme. I want to build strength more than anything as I'm not overweight or anything. It's free on the YAYOG app. I'm 6 weeks in, and at the halfway point of 5 weeks I could do 5 pull ups or 8 chin ups, and have lost just over 3" across my waist butt and thighs too, which is a nice bonus.