Chicken

Options
For some reason when I have chicken thawed out I dread cooking supper. It’s been like this for weeks. If it’s beef I have no problem.
Anybody else? Or just me lol

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it that you are dreading with the chicken? You don't really like it? You don't know what to do with it? No, personally, chicken does not fill me with a sense of dread.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about ground beef, because everything I know how to cook using ground beef requires so much work and effort.

Maybe you just need some easier recipes?
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    What types of things are you typically cooking with it? I might be able to help simplify it :)
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are you bored of chicken? Want some suggestions for something different?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Whilst I don’t know what it is you have issues with regarding raw chicken I can maybe generally empathise!

I’ve always hated handling raw chicken - well, meat in general to be honest, but since I’ve rarely used anything but chicken or minced beef - which I don’t have to touch usually - chicken is the one that gives me the creeps most.

Although I’ve been vegetarian for years (tending towards vegan/wfpb these days), I’m still cooking for others who won’t give up their meat.

These days I use disposable nitrile gloves to minimise the nausea of the feel of meat. Still don’t like it, but it’s got to be done, so I do it!
  • FitnessFan1234
    FitnessFan1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've ran out of chicken ideas.
  • peterbest643
    peterbest643 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love eating chicken