Why men never get compliments?

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I compliment guys...if they look especially sharp that day/dressed nicely. I compliment my husband all the time...
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    In my experience, there were guys I've complimented who took it the wrong way and thought I was interested in them or flirting with them when i was just being nice. So I tend to be careful who I compliment.

^^THIS!! Exactly correct....guys think if a woman compliments them, that they are automatically interested in them. That's just not always the case. Sometimes it's just our way of noticing that you put an effort into your appearance and we think you look nice. Now it still depends on the way the compliment is delivered. If a woman says "Oh my God you are so f*cking sexy then yes she may be wanting more lol.

I take it one step further if they even look in my direction I think they want me, and then I immediately strip, because I know it's on.

ha ha how often do you stand there awkwardly naked until you put your clothes back on =)

It's not awkward, I close down the bar naked usually
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that women get a lot more compliments than men. Why is this?

Because, fishing for compliments.
    tumblr_m8dzlmd4HP1rvpuyxo1_500.gif
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    In my experience, there were guys I've complimented who took it the wrong way and thought I was interested in them or flirting with them when i was just being nice. So I tend to be careful who I compliment.

^^THIS!! Exactly correct....guys think if a woman compliments them, that they are automatically interested in them. That's just not always the case. Sometimes it's just our way of noticing that you put an effort into your appearance and we think you look nice. Now it still depends on the way the compliment is delivered. If a woman says "Oh my God you are so f*cking sexy then yes she may be wanting more lol.

I take it one step further if they even look in my direction I think they want me, and then I immediately strip, because I know it's on.

ha ha how often do you stand there awkwardly naked until you put your clothes back on =)

It's not awkward, I close down the bar naked usually

Awesome!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on in here? Is the circus in town?

I give men and women compliments, because they make them feel good, and I like it when people are happy.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The ladies on my friends list give me compliments all the time.

Be jealous.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Because men are mostly negative people or jerks or *kitten*,,

like example im a men,, a very friendly,nice,cool & good guy compliment a *kitten* men,,

Me: hey bro u look handsome today?
    *kitten*: are u gay? u stupid *kitten*,,

but vice versa

*kitten*: are u gay?
    ME: nope im not ,, wanna see my beautiful girlfriend or i will f**k ur mom or ur sister? u son of a f***king *kitten* haha,,,

but when nice guys compliment each other or positive people

Me: nice abs u got there bro?
    Nice guy: tnx bro,, but ur abs is nicer than me,, but i will catch up with u so that my abs are better than urs,,

Hehe hope u guys understand this and hope this helps

brb printing and framing this post for future generations.

ok sir,, take ur time :) ,, and thats only an example thats why men never get compliments or compliments to other men,, than women,,, hope u understand and get my point,,

Hey, with posts like this u don't make a lots of friends. Just be positive and enjoy the life. It's not our fault when yours is not so good at the time. You are the only one who can change it. It's best to have friends for the needed motivation and support . Don't bun the bridges!!!

are u kidding me?,,, are u serious? ,,, so whats ur point that i dont make a lots of friends and many people dont like my post? ,,and just be positive and enjoy life?,,well i am positive and i enjoy life,, its not ur fault when mine is not so good? maybe ur comment is not good and u just hate or envy my comment? ,, well maybe ur comment is true if they are negative people,, and do i offend u or something? sorry but this is me,, this is who i am and no one can change me,, atleast im a positive person,, and i dont know why u say that to me ,, i dont understand and i think u got misunderstood me sir,, or maybe u are a negative person? ,, well im just being true,, honest and frankly speaking,, and thats the reality,, and i have a lot of friends in real life and here in mfp,and other websites forum,, they are real and positive people just like me,, motivates me and support me and me also to them,we respect each other and help each other,,, me dont bun the bridges but i connect the bridges :) ,,

and by the way even i admit im not correct all the time but atleast i learn from my mistakes and make things wrong to right,, because im just a human ,, not pefect ,, just like u ,, u are not perfect and no rights to say that to me,u are not a God that can judge me,,, because u dont know who i am and u misunderstood me or maybe u are trolling me?,,,

well no hurts feeling sir,, me respect u,, and i hope u respect me too and nice to me,,,

Ohhhhhhhhhh so THATS why you started that other thread. Gotcha

peace-and-love-o.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

Wouldn't you say that it's a viscous cycle? I mean if compliments weren't so rare, then men wouldn't attach as much meaning to them, right? But since it doesn't happen all the time, they think that when it does, it's more special... but it's their overreaction that makes women not want to compliment them, making compliments rare.

I don't know, just thinking out loud here...
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I know my husband is convinced every girl that looks his direction is checking him out....if he gets a verbal compliment his head won't fit through the door. I try and compliment both genders but I admit I will say things to a guy that I would consider creepy if they said to me. I need to work on that double standard maybe.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that women get a lot more compliments than men. Why is this?

Because women are hot?
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    Because most men are betas and have this weird misconception that women are better than them so they worship them and shower them with undeserved attention.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Because its a gender stereotype that men should be giving compliments not the other way around.

Try gay clubs. You might get enough compliments and admires there.

No way

Why not? I have been to gay bars. I got compliments, I didn't even have to have sex with any guys. I was just there to support my best friend who happened to be a she-woman man hating lesbian in an ultra consevative Idahoan community.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    OP you haven't seen my profile wall.

Women most definitely give out compliments.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    I don't need to hear I look good............................I know I do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Because boobs. That's why.
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    Because boobs. That's why.

fair point!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I think maybe women do not want a compliment they give to a man to be interpreted as a sexual advance. That's most likely why.

When women compliment other women, its usually just something you say to give off the "friendly" signal that you most likely do not mean. Its really weird but true. I'm not sure how else to explain it but its just something we do....So the fact that women get more compliments is pretty meaningless.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I think maybe women do not want a compliment they give to a man to be interpreted as a sexual advance. That's most likely why.

When women compliment other women, its usually just something you say to give off the "friendly" signal that you most likely do not mean. Its really weird but true. I'm not sure how else to explain it but its just something we do....So the fact that women get more compliments is pretty meaningless.

^^^This.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Because men are mostly negative people or jerks or *kitten*,,

like example im a men,, a very friendly,nice,cool & good guy compliment a *kitten* men,,

Me: hey bro u look handsome today?
    *kitten*: are u gay? u stupid *kitten*,,

but vice versa

*kitten*: are u gay?
    ME: nope im not ,, wanna see my beautiful girlfriend or i will f**k ur mom or ur sister? u son of a f***king *kitten* haha,,,

but when nice guys compliment each other or positive people

Me: nice abs u got there bro?
    Nice guy: tnx bro,, but ur abs is nicer than me,, but i will catch up with u so that my abs are better than urs,,

Hehe hope u guys understand this and hope this helps

:laugh: Pedo or not, you funny as hell! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    That's how I met my husband. Occasionally, I would notice this good-looking walking down the hallway at work, and I told him he had on a nice shirt, and two years later we were married.