• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    disagree, we are all over men
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that women get a lot more compliments than men. Why is this?
    Two reasons....

Boobs
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I give compliments to men. But I have to be careful not to be misinterpreted. I think the main reason men don't get compliments (if this is even true) is that too many men would assume a woman was coming on to him.

In addition, some men think it's their right to appraise women of their attractiveness. Women aren't socialized to judge men quite so overtly.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    'Why oh why must it be like that.... why must I chase the cat...'
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    In my experience, there were guys I've complimented who took it the wrong way and thought I was interested in them or flirting with them when i was just being nice. So I tend to be careful who I compliment.

^^THIS!! Exactly correct....guys think if a woman compliments them, that they are automatically interested in them. That's just not always the case. Sometimes it's just our way of noticing that you put an effort into your appearance and we think you look nice. Now it still depends on the way the compliment is delivered. If a woman says "Oh my God you are so f*cking sexy then yes she may be wanting more lol.

This actually goes both ways. I have had more than one occasion where I have approached someone, and said, "Hey! Your hair looks great!" or "You have the most striking eyes" or even , "Hey. I can see all your hard work is paying off you are making great improvements." only to have "I'm married" or "I have a boyfriend" thrown back in my face. When I was younger, I would say something to the effect of, "and what does that have to do with anything? I'm not trying to get in your pants. Just making an observsation." Now I just roll my eyes and laugh if that happens.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Try bringing a woman along with you.

My wife seems to collect all of my compliments on my behalf after I leave the room.

Maybe it's a girl respect thing - no idea.

It normally goes like:

Her: Becky said you looked great, she didn't even recognize you!
    Me: So, Becky thought it was some strange guy kissing you and didn't say anything? Does this happen a lot? ;)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Guy wonders why men never get compliments....

......believes thread was created to receive compliments.

Result-OP thinks like a girl.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    'Why oh why must it be like that.... why must I chase the cat...'

:heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid complimenting the BF too much his already too confident and it just causes his head to swell more.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Meh, it happens from time to time.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzjr6vrkAF1qfzv7ao1_500.gif
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I just make up for it by complimenting myself all the time.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Because most men are betas and have this weird misconception that women are better than them so they worship them and shower them with undeserved attention.

smart man now just change that from weird misconception to right idea and much deserved attention and you'll be the belle of the ball
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I compliment people for their obvious hard work - male or female. Not so much on looks, though.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You apparently aren't worthy.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Why you no luv me?

57832938.jpg
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The voices in my head say I'm freaky hot.
    That's good enough for me.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Whiteknights bro......whiteknights ruining it for all of us.

true that. i mean if you dont show up on a white stallion you just ruined your chances
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Why you no luv me?

57832938.jpg

I love you Cliff.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So, what you're saying is YOU don't get compliments? I'm sorry. :flowerforyou: