100 Pounds to Lose: Looking for an accountability Buddy:

Hello,
My goal is to lose a 100 pounds while being able to stay consistent with Life, Family, Friends, Workouts, and Nutrition. I am realistic and there will be sacrifices and I know that there are up and downs in life and everyone handles them in different ways. I have no timeline but that doesn’t mean I am looking to push this off and take it lightly and drag it out. Like everyone one else I am looking to take the weight off as safe and efficient as possible in the best ( not the shortest) amount of time through strength training, cardio, nutrition and distressing/lower anxiety techniques. It’s just I think when I had timeline goals in the past and was successful I really missed the nuisances, joy of the journey and focused too much on the numbers. Because this one will be the start of something great. So if your interested in being that individual or group of individuals that want to beast it out together please reply.

Replies

• afladie23
    afladie23 Posts: 5 Member
    I’ll be your weight loss buddy! I need to lose 100+ lbs and I’m looking for people for support.
  • kingtika12
    kingtika12 Posts: 10 Member
    NovusDies, thanks for the words of wisdom. I appreciate it and I will take into account looking into the community groups. Afladie23, lets do it.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    kingtika12 thanks for the support you are reaching out with. I too have to lose 100 lbs. This is so I can see if I will be able to have knee surgery in late spring of 2021. When the Dr. told me I was at risk with anesthesia AND temporary shots in my knees were $1,000 each, I turned him down in favor of losing weight first. Since 6/1/20 I have lost 19 lbs. with intermittent fasting. Hopefully the weight loss will negate me having to have the surgery. That would be marvelous. Hope I can keep up with everyone digitally, I am not that savvy on the computer.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    I’ll be another buddy if still looking! I also need the support to get back into it and stay with it for the long haul. Friend request sent!
  • Julie31171
    Julie31171 Posts: 24 Member
    kingtika12 thanks for the support you are reaching out with. I too have to lose 100 lbs. This is so I can see if I will be able to have knee surgery in late spring of 2021. When the Dr. told me I was at risk with anesthesia AND temporary shots in my knees were $1,000 each, I turned him down in favor of losing weight first. Since 6/1/20 I have lost 19 lbs. with intermittent fasting. Hopefully the weight loss will negate me having to have the surgery. That would be marvelous. Hope I can keep up with everyone digitally, I am not that savvy on the computer.

Im in a similar situation.... trying to avoid knee surgery... please add me!