evil coffee creamer.....solutions?

Options
I have to have coffee. Mentally & physically. Perhaps I can eventually give it up, but for now it stays. I was wondering what some of y'all use to sweeten your coffee. My fat free hazelnut creamer blows me out of the water on sugars...... I like cream & sugar because I like my coffee very strong. Please & thank you. :drinker:

Replies

• HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I know some people go black. If I had to go black, I just wouldn't drink coffee at all. I use sugar free. I like my coffee strong too. Tried weaker coffee, thinking I wouldn't need as much creamer. Not the case, just tasted like weaker coffee.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Just use your sugar and creamers. Don't force yourself to eat and drink things you don't enjoy. Track your macros and calories, sugar is a carb. Stay in deficit and keep it moving. I use 2 sugars and cream in my coffee every day, doesn't hinder my progress.

In before a diabetic states how bad sugar is for diabetics. Remember OP, mentioned nothing about diabetes.
    This.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Half and half or heavy whipping cream. HWC is the BOMB in coffee. Or on fruit. *drool*
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Have you tried International Delight Sugar Free Hazlenut? I love it. It has 20 calories, 2 g of fat, 1 g carb and zero sugars.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer, but I'm also not a purist about fake sweeteners like some people on here. 30 calories for 2T, and not too bad on the sugars.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I actually, years ago, drank coffee with sugar and milk. Then I went to adding splenda and cream. then I got off the artificial sweetner and switched to fat free half and half. I only drink one to two cups now, and drink water the rest of the day. If you have to have the caffeine, try just get one expresso shot with no cream and one pinch of sugar.

Coffee is one of my few vices left. I am keeping it a bit longer.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...for the sugar debate...

seriously, a dash of creamer in your coffee is not going to sabotage your weight loss...

I put creamer in my coffee every day and i have been steadily losing 1/pd week for past four weeks...(on cut now) I don't even log the creamer ....
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Either make room for what you like or try something else. I am trying sweet 'n low with powdered classic creamer (like original coffeemate) at 10 cal a tsp. and liking it so far.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I actually, years ago, drank coffee with sugar and milk. Then I went to adding splenda and cream. then I got off the artificial sweetner and switched to fat free half and half. I only drink one to two cups now, and drink water the rest of the day. If you have to have the caffeine, try just get one expresso shot with no cream and one pinch of sugar.

why is coffee a vice?
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can use stevia. or agave necter
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda & Unsweetened Almond Milk in my coffee that I make at home.

1 Cup of UAM = 30 cal. 2.5 g fat , no sugar. doesn't taste bad either imo.

Edited to say: And no I don't use the whole cup in one cup of coffee - Just when I drink the whole 12 cup pot :laugh:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of coconut milk. It's good.
  • s_ireland1970
    s_ireland1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my morning coffees... and couldn't drink them w/o the cream and sugar. Good news!! If you've never heard of or tried Xylosweet (health store) you're in for a treat. Looks and tastes like sugar but it's 100% healthy and is low glycemic. It is expensive though but soooo worth it. As for the cream - well I think that one is sticking around for me. But while you are at the health store you may want to ask about the coconut milk for coffee. There is no taste of coconut in your coffee and it's super creamy! Good luck!! :drinker:
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just use milk instead of cream? A dash of milk (any kind) has less sugar and fat content than any creamers that I'm aware of.

I've rarely ever used cream in my coffee (when I used to drink it religiously, but I've stopped other than the occasional cup for a few months now) so I can't say I can notice a taste difference. I also switched to using honey instead of sugar - I guess calorie wise it's the same (or close to) and the taste took some get used to, but I can use less of it than the amount of sugar I used to use.
  • LindseyDTC
    LindseyDTC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions above, but I didn't see my magic mix... so here it is:

~ Land 'O Lakes Fat Free Half & Half (simple ingredients, naturally sweet, and only 20 calories per serving)
    ~ Surgar (the real stuff)

The sugar alternatives on the market are very hard for our bodies to digest, so I stick with real sugar. I will admit I am a light roast/flavored roast kind of coffee drinker, but 1 Tbsp of real creamer and 1 tsp of real sugar makes my cup of coffee in the morning feel like a treat for only a handful of calories (which I do log even without my add-ins).

The half and half significantly cuts the acidity and bitterness of the brew, so if you just use creamer your coffee will already have made it much more palletable. Happy drinking!
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options

why is coffee a vice?

To me, coffee is a vice because if I don't drink it, I wind up with a headache. Meaning, I need it. Like I used to need cigarettes and Qtr Pounders to get the chill out effect.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    in...for the sugar debate...

seriously, a dash of creamer in your coffee is not going to sabotage your weight loss...

I put creamer in my coffee every day and i have been steadily losing 1/pd week for past four weeks...(on cut now) I don't even log the creamer ....

I guess we're rebels because I don't log my coffee.

rebels without a cause!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

why is coffee a vice?

To me, coffee is a vice because if I don't drink it, I wind up with a headache. Meaning, I need it. Like I used to need cigarettes and Qtr Pounders to get the chill out effect.

I drink two cups a day and if I do not then I don't get a headache..interesting..

Never heard of anyone being addicted to quarter pounders either, interesting concept..