weight, weight, weight... Isn't this about fitness?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm here for entertainment

x2

I have learned what I need to know. This site cracks me up.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I'm focused on weight............... on the barbell

as for bodyweight... my ideal weight is the one that gives me the best wilks score...........
    In for this, and also, a while back I wanted to weigh less because I wanted to be able to have my husband and I fly in a small plane together and still have enough weight allowance for lots of fuel and a little luggage. Right now, not so much caring about that!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Abs and thigh gap.

Both of which are ultimately genetics.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I answered one of them and since your smugness is pissing me off, I'll answer the other two.

My definition of fitness is what a dictionary says, of which there are several and not limited to:

1. The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness.
    2. Good health or physical condition, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.
    3. Biology The extent to which an organism is adapted to or able to produce offspring in a particular environment.

and:

1. the state of being fit
    2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) Biology
    a. the degree of adaptation of an organism to its environment, determined by its genetic constitution
    b. the ability of an organism to produce viable offspring capable of surviving to the next generation

and:

the genetic contribution of an individual to the next generation's gene pool relative to the average for the population, usu. measured by the number of offspring or close kin that survive to reproductive age.

Am I scale obsessed?

IMO, no. I weigh myself once a day. For other people, this is considered obsessive.

you do realize you cannot define a word by the word that it is right?

fitness isn't defined by "the state of being fit"

that's just stupid. I hate when dictionaries do that- THAT isn't a definition.
    Abs and thigh gap.
    not all about fitness- at all... that's about lower body fat and genetics. I'll never have a thigh gap- and guess what- I'm in awesome shape.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Do you have a different version of the app than I do? MFP does measure fitness and it is actually called My 'Fitness' Pal, not My 'Weight Loss' Pal or My 'Nutrition' Pal. It seems to measure all of those things. You can plug in your measurements (as many as you want), and record those measurements, along with your nutritional intake right down to the Iron and Vitamin levels, ongoing like you do your weight. There are reports that show you your progress on all of those things.

Unsure of why everyone is attacking the question.
    I was already in my place, so you didn't put me anywhere.

The fact remains that her OP/thread title were public, judgmental, assumptive and rude.

For God's sake by all means say you thought it was rude, but that doesn't make it "fact".

Some thought it was, some think it wasn't. Your views aren't everyone's reality.

BTW - "her thread" ---- the OP is a male. The chap on the left of his avatar I would assume, rather than the pretty blonde on the right.

Why did everyone assume it was the woman??? And does that change the way the post is viewed?