85 pounds to lose

Options
lenhill04
lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
I lose a ton of weight, then gain it back. Lose a ton then gain it back. I lost 105 pounds, but gained 70+ back. (I love food, especially sweets, and have no will power). So here I am, starting again. 85 pounds to lose. Who wants to be my friend and help motivate me?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    What do you plan to do differently this time?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you should first consider what your plan is. You need will power or you’ll just repeat the same pattern. I love chocolate, cookies, ice cream, cake, etc. I have a weight loss plan that allows me to eat those things in moderation so that THIS time I can lose the weight and keep it off.

If your plan is to eliminate the foods you love to lose weight, you are setting yourself up for failure. Post weight loss, you will simply return to eating those foods and gain it back again. You need a sustainable change to your life and habits in order to succeed long term.
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm an over eater. I'll keep eating even when I'm not hungry. It's like an obsession. I just have to work on breaking that obsession. And that's where the problem lies...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    lenhill04 wrote: »
    I'm an over eater. I'll keep eating even when I'm not hungry. It's like an obsession. I just have to work on breaking that obsession. And that's where the problem lies...

Within my MFP Larger Losers Group we do discuss things like this but it is on a level really for self-guided improvement so pretty shallow overall. It might be directly helpful or it may help you decide on therapy.

The goal, as you have discovered, can't be simply to lose weight. It has to be to lose the mindset and habits of the person who gained it.

Larger Losers is for people who are starting with or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. It is specifically for people who want to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion. Here is the link if you wish to check it out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers