How to fix metabolic adaptation?

124»

Replies

• arizonaj22
    arizonaj22 Posts: 57 Member
    arizonaj22 wrote: »
    Bottom line: if you grew 2" in the past few months, it is very reasonable for you to also put on weight. Trying to get back to the weight you knew when you were shorter is probably not a realistic goal.

Guys tend to reach their full height by age 18, but that is not an absolute.

Yes but I see a dramatic change in my fat like bigger stomach. Waistline, hip, 0 veins now :( and pants fit tighter and the 5'11 thing is just 2 inches

Okay, but 135 at 5’9” is quite thin for a man. And 175 at 5’11” is normal weight. If you are Asian, the numbers look a little different, but I’m still concerned about your self-perception. It is normal to fill out dramatically when going from a teen to a man.

I see this as half true (no offense ^^) because you could have people at like 15% bf at 175 and someone who looks like 30%bf at 175. The latter being something around my case. And yes I was quite thin but shredded at 135. It was fun while it lasted :)
  • arizonaj22
    ^^^^ that is body composition then, not weight loss.

Perhaps that is what you should be focussing on - recomp - not weight loss.

Yes that Is a part of the problem. I am doing all the necessities for a clear fat loss recomposition but is not happening because of said previously
  • arizonaj22
    Okay I did a check with an endocrinologist and she said along the lines of this: your thyroid glands seem normal but it might be caused by fatigue and cortisol combining to produce a negative result. She said she wasnt certain but also reccomended that I search set point theory and after I did on my phone she came back and I asked her if I could do anything about it and she simply said there is none she knew of without the use of steroids(medical enhancement drugs). This really put me in the slumps because at that point I felt like I was done for. After paying nearly $200 for a simple what I felt was a casual talk, I confirmed to myself that doctor visits were not worth it unless ill.
    Anyone else able to help me out a bit? I appreciate all of the support so far! ^^
  • arizonaj22
    People have given you help - just do the basic MFP system properly. There is no metabolic adaptation to re set.

Stop trying to find zebras.

So what input or assistance are you trying to put out? It just sounds like you're telling me to just give up "stop trying"