I'm about 6 pounds away from my goal!

Options
FitnessFreak1821
FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
edited August 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm estimating that I'm about 6 pounds away from my goal of 130. I'm currently ending a cycle and I usually gain about 3-4 pounds. My weigh in is Sunday. My butt keeps getting flatter aka pancake butt. I'm starting to really hate. My looks way to small🤦. Looking at my macros and I'm not eating enough protein at all and I know that's one of the reasons I'm losing muscle. I have bought some protein powder.

Does anyone know where I can get free information on what to do next to lose the rest of the little weight I got to lose but to build muscle? I'm noticing some muscle definition starting in areas but it's like my butt is not taking it all well lol I'm losing to much muscle there I think ! Help

For work outs I use Sydney Cummings work out videos. She is a athlete and professional trainer. She mixes things up with cardio and strength. So I'm confident I'm on the right path for work outs , I just need to invest in heavier weights and resistance bands too.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so close to goal! I would either recomp now, or you can get to goal (but keep in mind you might lose even more glutes and if you get too lean recomp is not as optimal, so just something to think about). Alternatively, you can get to goal and eat just slightly over maintenance in a small surplus to gain. 1lb per month, for 6-8momfhs, then cut.

Sydney Cummings workouts are great but not sure they are the most optimal for muscle building of the glutes. Muscle retention maybe but building you really want to challenge the muscles with high weight or resistance. You really want something that isn't circuit or cardio based.

I would definitely start to follow a glute focused lifting program now, there are many out there, of course Strong Curves and Glute Lab programs by Bret Contreras are my favourites but you can check out others by Jeff Nippard, Stephanie Buttermore, Thinner Leaner Stronger. It depends what you have access to. Strong Curves has an at home program. Here is a link with a list of programs

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

And yes set protein at 0.8-1g per lb goalweight minimum.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Congrats on being so close to goal! I would either recomp now, or you can get to goal (but keep in mind you might lose even more glutes and if you get too lean recomp is not as optimal, so just something to think about). Alternatively, you can get to goal and eat just slightly over maintenance in a small surplus to gain. 1lb per month, for 6-8momfhs, then cut.

Sydney Cummings workouts are great but not sure they are the most optimal for muscle building of the glutes. Muscle retention maybe but building you really want to challenge the muscles with high weight or resistance. You really want something that isn't circuit or cardio based.

I would definitely start to follow a glute focused lifting program now, there are many out there, of course Strong Curves and Glute Lab programs by Bret Contreras are my favourites but you can check out others by Jeff Nippard, Stephanie Buttermore, Thinner Leaner Stronger. It depends what you have access to. Strong Curves has an at home program. Here is a link with a list of programs

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

And yes set protein at 0.8-1g per lb goalweight minimum.

Thanks for the information :)