Who doesn't eat vegetables? What do you do instead?

Options
teamAmelia
teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
Do you take supplements? Do you drink the V8 drinks? What does your doctor say about this?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    He told me to stop being a baby and eat my vegetables.

That's a sanitized version, he used profanity.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    smother 'em in cheez-wiz. works like a charm.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You want to know what I do with my vegetables instead of eating them? That's kind of personal. I don't even know you.
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Supplements... and a lot of them.
    Dont eat carbs so .. No to the V8.

Doctor says labs look good so no complaints from him :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I push them onto my kids plate then yell at him for not finishing his vegetables and make him sit at the table until he finishes his plate while I eat ice cream and brownies.

My doctor doesn't know.

PSA: Lack of vegetables leads to typing run on sentences on internet forums about weight loss and getting healthy and it would probably be a good idea to eat vegetables but they are yucky so I have learned to deal with run on sentences.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't eat as much as I should, but I've figured out ways to cook some things that make them more bearable. I like greenbeans with minced onions, and I like them cooked for a really long time. I also love green, orange, and red peppers in stir fryes (fries?), not raw or by themselves. Corn on the cob doused in butter and salt and pepper. Raw broccoli and raw carrots with ranch dressing. I do love salad with grilled chicken and more ranch dressing, and I also enjoy the occasional spinach salad with strawberries, feta cheese, and a raspberry vinaigrette. Otherwise...I don't eat veggies. :\ But hey, up until about a year ago, I never ate any of those things either, so that is a huge improvement.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't touch vegetables. Meat, and protein powder. Maybe milk that's about as close as I get.
    I might try the cheese-wiz. I'm not sure how that would make it any easier to choke down a carrot or pickle.
    I just have a few supplement pills a few times a week.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    How about salads? Or chopping them up and mixing them into whatever you're eating.

Juice isn't a terrible idea but you're best off making your own juices as manufacturers will add salt and sugar.
    You want to know what I do with my vegetables instead of eating them? That's kind of personal. I don't even know you.

:laugh:
    I push them onto my kids plate then yell at him for not finishing his vegetables and make him sit at the table until he finishes his plate while I eat ice cream and brownies.

:laugh:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    this one time.... at band camp.... I took a pickle and shoved it up my

well-we-re-waiting-o.gif
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

it is too early in the morning for that *kitten*. I nearly choked on my vegetables.
  • Crohns2013
    Crohns2013 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any vegetables for medical reasons, but I juice daily. At least once, usually twice.
  • whisperer02
    Options
    I bought a NutriBullet and do 50% vegetables (like spinich), 50% fruits and then add 2-tablespoons of ground flax seed, add water, it makes a great smoothie. I do one for breakfast and 5-oz's after work. I get my vegetables and fruits for the day, the flax seed helps me feel full and I get a load of energy to start the day. Sounds corny but it works for me.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I bought a blender the other day to make almond milk shakes. I think I'll put it to better use by making my own juice/smoothies/whatever. I'm going to the store to buy some veggies and fruits and coming back to experiment. Thanks, you guys! :smile:

I found this site that has a lot of different fruit/veggie shake recipes
    http://livebetteramerica.aol.com/2013/03/08/veggie-smoothie-recipes_n_2761572.html?just_reloaded=1
  • ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to eat healthy, I hated veggies! I started slow, made a smoothie with raw spinach, frozen banana, strawberries, and almond milk. The banana made it cold and sweet, you can't taste the spinach but start with a small handful and work your way up.

Eventually I tried steaming veggies. I've never smothered my veggies in anything ( who needs those extra calories). At first it's hard, but do it enough and you get your taste buds used to it. I still cannot eat raw cauliflower, I have to puree it every time, eat it like mashed potatoes.

Just experiment, try roasting veggies in the oven with a little olive oil and sea salt. When you find ones you can tolerate, eat those often. Good luck!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I juice my veggies. You'd be amazed and what will taste good if you just throw in half a banana, a green apple or a little bit of honey.
  • mnapier3
    mnapier3 Posts: 30
    Options
    Interested in the cauliflower mash up! I saw it the other day and never heard of it. Do you add anything to it?

Edit: If I want to juice my veggies what is everyone using? Saw nutribullet up a few posts.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I don't eat vegetables. I like fresh meat as much as the next person, but they might be minimally conscious, and that just seems kind of mean.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I used to get all of my fruit servings in daily, but rarely (if ever) ate veggies.

A month ago, I decided that I was going to make myself eat a salad with at least one of my meals each day. Strangely, I started to crave more veggies. It's the weirdest thing because, I'm telling you, I hated veggies with a passion! Now, I eat grape tomatoes for a snack.

I don't think that we can get all of the vitamins that our body needs through supplements. Of course they help, but I'd rather get them from the real deal.

So, maybe try to add 1 veggie a day to start. See where it takes you. :)