Work Out Apps for plus size people

Options
Hi, does anyone had recommendations for good fitness apps that are geared towards plus size people or perhaps apps that suggest alterations to their workouts depending on weight and fitness level. Ideally I’d love to find an app that has 15 minute workouts you can do at home without too much gear.

Replies

• age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I’m not plus size but love the Beachbody on demand workouts. All the ones I’ve done had a modifier. There is a program called You V2, it has only plus sized women on the description, so might be a great place to start.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with apps, but what about walking? This is truly a great place for larger people to start.

I prefer to walk outside in nature when it's cooler, but many people have mentioned Lesley Sansone on YouTube. Since the heat has me trapped inside today, I just did yoga yesterday, and am not sure my elbow is up for strength training today, I might push away from the computer and give her a shot right now.

Due to some medical issues lately, my energy was really low, and I wasn't up for my usual workouts. So I set the timer for 30 minutes and did some deep cleaning for quite a few days straight. Made a lot of progress on areas I usually neglect!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I tried this but didn't care for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_SoCdUlBvM

My bad knee started hurting and I was flashing back to all that time in the 90's I spent with Denise Austin and Kathy Smith workout videos. But different strokes and all that :)

She does have an app: Subscribe to our best-selling app, Your Daily Walk at
    https://walkathome.com
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansome Walk at home e we oils be worth looking at.
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey first of all congrats on exercising! Check out Jim Stoppani's app. I think its 15 bucks a month but well worth it. Has thousands of plans from beginner to expert...you wont be a beginner forever!! GO GET IT!!!!!!!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like Aaptive for at home workouts and just recently started 99Walks. Both can be geared to your level of comfort and experience.
  • lyo4ma
    lyo4ma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. It’s great to have a community of people to ask for advice. I will look into your suggestions and see which works best. I’m really looking for a short workout I can do at home and get into a routine of doing every other day or maybe everyday. I do go for walks but with two young kids and the general craziness of life, going for a walk always turns into more of a production and I want to find something I can fit in ‘in between’ :-).