Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

i want to gain 40 pounds....

naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
SO, I've wanted to gain about 40 pounds and I am just about there. I am 5'4 female i started my journey at 110 and I have slowly packed on about 38 pounds...just shy of 40. putting my goal weight at 150. I know its slightly overweight per BMI but I like the way I look. I dont feel like i am overweight, but I would like yalls opinion. I went from a size 0 to a size 7. Should i Stop gaining?

Replies

  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    Are you healthy and happy with your weight gain? Because if yes then dont worry.

    But if its beginning to raise health concerns and you're unhappy. Then I'd say maybe re evaluate.
  • naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Are you healthy and happy with your weight gain? Because if yes then dont worry.

    But if its beginning to raise health concerns and you're unhappy. Then I'd say maybe re evaluate.

    Ive been very happy! I have no health issues, besides i am overweight but barely. I love the way my body looks now...sometimes i do feel like i dont see myself for all the weight i have gained, but i get good feedback from others.
  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Are you healthy and happy with your weight gain? Because if yes then dont worry.

    But if its beginning to raise health concerns and you're unhappy. Then I'd say maybe re evaluate.

    Ive been very happy! I have no health issues, besides i am overweight but barely. I love the way my body looks now...sometimes i do feel like i dont see myself for all the weight i have gained, but i get good feedback from others.

    Then keep doing what you're doing.

    As long as you're happy with how you look that's what matters. This is how body positivity should be, all too often I see it as an excuse to enable and encourage unhealthy eating behaviors on both sides of the spectrum.

    Keep doing you! You're doing great
  • zebasschickzebasschick Member Posts: 348 Member Member Posts: 348 Member
    be happy with yourself - that's the bottom line!
  • naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
    Thank you !!
  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    For who ever disagreed with the above statements of being happy in your own skin.

    Could you kindly grow a pair and make yourself known and state your argument.
  • SnifterPugSnifterPug Member Posts: 401 Member Member Posts: 401 Member
    Well done on hitting your goal. I assume that the weight you have put on is not purely fat. A muscular body may well put you overweight as far as BMI is concerned.
  • naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
    Yes if you go to my profile you’ll see that it’s a mix of both. I’ve maintained a solid physical appearance but also gained some curves. I’m finally 150. I love it. I plan to Continue working out & lifting heavy weights, I don’t think I’d be upset if I bulked up a little more as long as it’s muscle.
  • naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

    I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Member Posts: 782 Member Member Posts: 782 Member
    You look great. We all have different ideas and goals here. You do you.
  • BahstenB10BahstenB10 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

    I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that

    I wish the disagree button trolls would present themselves. Geez. OP - I agree with @jessef593 .
    edited September 3
  • Theoldguy1Theoldguy1 Member Posts: 1,233 Member Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

    I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that

    Right, wrong or indifferent if someone asks what random people on an internet forum how they look there will be people that don't like the look and will hit disagree or whatever is the particular site's equivalent.

    I'm sure if someone posted a picture of Arnold in his prime and asked how he looked there would be disagrees/disapproval.
  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

    I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that

    Right, wrong or indifferent if someone asks what random people on an internet forum how they look there will be people that don't like the look and will hit disagree or whatever is the particular site's equivalent.

    I'm sure if someone posted a picture of Arnold in his prime and asked how he looked there would be disagrees/disapproval.

    Its actually just a trend for me. Look at any of my posts. Even solid information and advice the same 3 people follow and dislike. I'm going to owe them rent soon for the space I take up in their minds

    Not going to lie. Its cramped as *kitten* in there. They don't have a lot going on unsurprisingly
    edited September 3
  • jessef593jessef593 Member Posts: 2,281 Member Member Posts: 2,281 Member
    andybing11 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

    I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that

    I wish the disagree button trolls would present themselves. Geez. OP - I agree with @jessef593 .

    As if..then theyd get called out for being *kitten* people. At that point theyd have to take ownership. To which they will never do. Since when they do. Theyll realize just how insignificant they really are. And the ability to dislike something. Is truly all the power theyll ever have in this world and thats why they take advantage of it. To feel like they have some sway in some minute way.

    But hey if that's not the case they're welcome to comment and say how I'm wrong. If not then they're just proving my point.
  • sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

    I think you look fit and healthy. There's nothing wrong with change as long as you're comfortable. This community is about fitness not body shaming or glorification but there's always a troll in every corner.
  • naj1991naj1991 Member Posts: 88 Member Member Posts: 88 Member
    Thank you everyone !!! Yess the trolls will hate whenever they get a chance, I appreciate the positive thoughts
Sign In or Register to comment.