i want to gain 40 pounds....

SO, I've wanted to gain about 40 pounds and I am just about there. I am 5'4 female i started my journey at 110 and I have slowly packed on about 38 pounds...just shy of 40. putting my goal weight at 150. I know its slightly overweight per BMI but I like the way I look. I dont feel like i am overweight, but I would like yalls opinion. I went from a size 0 to a size 7. Should i Stop gaining?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Are you healthy and happy with your weight gain? Because if yes then dont worry.

But if its beginning to raise health concerns and you're unhappy. Then I'd say maybe re evaluate.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Are you healthy and happy with your weight gain? Because if yes then dont worry.

But if its beginning to raise health concerns and you're unhappy. Then I'd say maybe re evaluate.

Ive been very happy! I have no health issues, besides i am overweight but barely. I love the way my body looks now...sometimes i do feel like i dont see myself for all the weight i have gained, but i get good feedback from others.
  • jessef593
    naj1991 wrote: »

Ive been very happy! I have no health issues, besides i am overweight but barely. I love the way my body looks now...sometimes i do feel like i dont see myself for all the weight i have gained, but i get good feedback from others.

Then keep doing what you're doing.

As long as you're happy with how you look that's what matters. This is how body positivity should be, all too often I see it as an excuse to enable and encourage unhealthy eating behaviors on both sides of the spectrum.

Keep doing you! You're doing great
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    be happy with yourself - that's the bottom line!
  • naj1991
    Thank you !!
  • jessef593
    For who ever disagreed with the above statements of being happy in your own skin.

Could you kindly grow a pair and make yourself known and state your argument.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Well done on hitting your goal. I assume that the weight you have put on is not purely fat. A muscular body may well put you overweight as far as BMI is concerned.
  • naj1991
    Yes if you go to my profile you’ll see that it’s a mix of both. I’ve maintained a solid physical appearance but also gained some curves. I’m finally 150. I love it. I plan to Continue working out & lifting heavy weights, I don’t think I’d be upset if I bulked up a little more as long as it’s muscle.
  • jessef593
    Pic of me at 150

I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

I bet I'll get dislikes for saying that
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    edited September 2020
    Pic of me at 150

I'd say you look like you're in great shape. No reason to feel like you're overweight. As long as you're still healthy and happy with how you look and feel.

I wish the disagree button trolls would present themselves. Geez. OP - I agree with @jessef593 .
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Pic of me at 150

Right, wrong or indifferent if someone asks what random people on an internet forum how they look there will be people that don't like the look and will hit disagree or whatever is the particular site's equivalent.

I'm sure if someone posted a picture of Arnold in his prime and asked how he looked there would be disagrees/disapproval.
  • jessef593
    edited September 2020
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

Right, wrong or indifferent if someone asks what random people on an internet forum how they look there will be people that don't like the look and will hit disagree or whatever is the particular site's equivalent.

I'm sure if someone posted a picture of Arnold in his prime and asked how he looked there would be disagrees/disapproval.

Its actually just a trend for me. Look at any of my posts. Even solid information and advice the same 3 people follow and dislike. I'm going to owe them rent soon for the space I take up in their minds

Not going to lie. Its cramped as *kitten* in there. They don't have a lot going on unsurprisingly
  • jessef593
    andybing11 wrote: »
    Pic of me at 150

I wish the disagree button trolls would present themselves. Geez. OP - I agree with @jessef593 .

As if..then theyd get called out for being *kitten* people. At that point theyd have to take ownership. To which they will never do. Since when they do. Theyll realize just how insignificant they really are. And the ability to dislike something. Is truly all the power theyll ever have in this world and thats why they take advantage of it. To feel like they have some sway in some minute way.

But hey if that's not the case they're welcome to comment and say how I'm wrong. If not then they're just proving my point.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Pic of me at 150

I think you look fit and healthy. There's nothing wrong with change as long as you're comfortable. This community is about fitness not body shaming or glorification but there's always a troll in every corner.
  • naj1991
    Thank you everyone !!! Yess the trolls will hate whenever they get a chance, I appreciate the positive thoughts
  • iamcutej
    iamcutej Posts: 1 Member
    SO, I've wanted to gain about 40 pounds and I am just about there. I am 5'4 female i started my journey at 110 and I have slowly packed on about 38 pounds...just shy of 40. putting my goal weight at 150. I know its slightly overweight per BMI but I like the way I look. I dont feel like i am overweight, but I would like yalls opinion. I went from a size 0 to a size 7. Should i Stop gaining?

How did you pack on such weight, what did you do and how long did it take?
  • naj1991
    iamcutej wrote: »

How did you pack on such weight, what did you do and how long did it take?

Hey there. It took me years. I did alot of weight lifting, high calorie shakes and eating. I am naturally small so it took alot of effort to gain it all. Covid helped because It was alot more time to eat. I ended up getting up to 157. I lost weight and now I want to gain some back