Love cardio...hate strength...what to do?

13»

Replies

• kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    OK I went for it and started with a trainer today. I really had no idea how weak I really am. Yikes! Well, there really is nowhere to go but up.
  • Nice to hear that, i hope you will share all your information here during your workout periods?

Joris s.
    weightloss-tips.eu
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    I found Scooby's workshop very helpfull, and it costs nothing. Check him out at http://scoobysworkshop.com/

Stick with it, it is well worth it.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Yoga is not strength training...doing circuit training DVDs is not strength training. "Strength" training has a specific definition...it's low rep high weight, full body compounds.

Thats complete BS.... I lift weights, but, it isnt the only form of strength training... Any type of resistance is strength training.. Different styles have different results... Get off your high horse or I'll throw you off it. This sort of BS helps no one.

The real question is what the OPs goals are. Health or physique or both. Plenty of people do only bodyweight exercises and achieve the physique they desire. Low rep high intensity is not the only way to go, but, it will get a lot of people what they want.