Help this newbie :)

Scottttoct
Scottttoct Posts: 29
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I’m new to this and wanted to know if there is anything I should be taking from like GNC to help with my weight loss? My goal is to lose about 35-40 pounds and start adding muscle. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Replies

• BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Honestly? you could try some kind of caffeine style pills but really it just takes eating healthy and working out.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    You don't need to waste money on any supplements, especially if you are eating enough calories and getting a variety of nutritious foods.
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Lift heavy things! Check out StrongLifts :smile:

No magic pill suggestions I'm afraid, I'm hugely skeptical on those. Just eat less and move more.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Its all about creating a calorie deficit. There are about 7 billion different ways to do it, but the most effective seems to be a diet that is moderately restricted (use the MFP setting for loosing 1 pound/week) and exercise. No supplements or pills are going to do it for you, it requires sweat and dedication.
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Your best bet is diet and exercise. No magic potions, just a lot of time and effort. Great luck!!!!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Its all about creating a calorie deficit. There are about 7 billion different ways to do it, but the most effective seems to be a diet that is moderately restricted (use the MFP setting for loosing 1 pound/week) and exercise. No supplements or pills are going to do it for you, it requires sweat and dedication.

YUP!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I’m new to this and wanted to know if there is anything I should be taking from like GNC to help with my weight loss? My goal is to lose about 35-40 pounds and start adding muscle. Any help or suggestions would be great.

As far as weight loss, no, there's no supplement you can buy that will safely help you lose weight faster, but as for health, I recommend an omega-3 supplement like fish oil if you're not getting enough Omega-3 through your diet like 99% of the population, and a multivitamin. Those will go a long way.

As far as fat loss, calories out must be greater than calories in. Buy a food scale, track everything you put into your mouth as accurately as possible, and find a caloric intake that has you losing weight for your activity level.
  • Thanks for the advice! So I now know that I can't take anything to help with weight loss. After I lose the weight and start trying to gain muscle do you should I take anything?
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    A good pre workout for those days you feel out of it!
  • Falcon957
    Falcon957 Posts: 6 Member
    How do you capture a Quote like you have done here?

Thanks.. Bill S
This discussion has been closed.