What are your reasons for losing weight?

Options
I'm struggling and would love some reminders why I'm doing this. If you could please comment your own reasons for losing weight, and what it means it means to you, and if you've lost weight what has changed for the better for you? What is the best part of having lost the weight?
Thank you so much!

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    In all honesty because working out and meal prep/planning gives me something to do at 3 am so I don't crash my sleep schedule.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling and would love some reminders why I'm doing this. If you could please comment your own reasons for losing weight, and what it means it means to you, and if you've lost weight what has changed for the better for you? What is the best part of having lost the weight?
    Thank you so much!

Could you explain what you mean by struggling?

If that is a current picture in your AV, well done!! Maybe you could/should take a diet break? Have you read the Diet Break thread? All the bullet points are on the first page, but it's a long well-discussed thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. It's hard for me to stay motivated while I'm home most of the time, no one but family sees me and the future is hard to imagine. I've started several diets recently and after just a few days, my, "Who cares?" attitude shows up and I go back to one of my few pleasures -- baking and eating.

Yet I know I really need to lose fifty pounds, because lugging this extra weight around is becoming exhausting. Every little thing I do, vacuuming, gardening, shopping, all become major chores because of that 50 lb load I have to carry at the same time. My knees ache and after sitting for a while I can barely get up.

There's also that very real threat that if I do catch the virus my risk of death or complications would be greater, because lying in bed with all that extra weight on my chest would make it harder to breathe.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 40kg, from 135 last July to 92kg last Sunday. Some things that have improved for me:

- I have hobbies now! I run, play padel, do yoga etc.
    - I’ve had the opportunity to meet people through my hobbies (I don’t have any friends in my geographical area despite having lived here for 5 years)
    - I don’t worry about fitting into chairs or the weight on a stepladder
    - I’m looking out for my own well-being in a completely different way. I like myself more and take care of myself better in more ways than just nutrition and movement.
    - I don’t have to buy the largest available size and overall have a better selection of clothing that I like the style of

If you haven’t checked it out already I find this thread great for motivation:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10795134/what-was-the-moment-when-did-you-decide-to-take-back-control#latest
  • lilcharmer214
    lilcharmer214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

First is health. I want to live a long, active life.

Next, I wanna look good! I wanna be one of those women that in her 40s, 50s and 60s looks fabulous and fit!

I had a near perfect body in my 20s and I am really trying to give that up for forever. I want to go back to looking and feeling sexy. For the rest of my life!
  • ready2startablizzard
    Options
    I'm losing for a number of reasons. Primarily it's for health and cosmetic reasons. I'm not happy with how I look or feel, I have general weight-related pains, and I want to be in a healthier frame of mind and body before starting a family.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    OP, have you been at your GW before? What do you remember most about that time? And how it felt?
  • paulwatts747
    paulwatts747 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It was starting to cause me problems, like sleep apnea and high blood pressure, and also was getting hard to do simple things like gardening.
  • thakurhimanshi815
    thakurhimanshi815 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I do not have much weight, I just have to reduce my belly fat because I can not wear small clothes due to the fat belly.