What have you all been doing as far as hair maintenance during lockdown?

Options
13»

Replies

• steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not sure it’s a good thing but I got desperate and used Sun In all over my roots. Then I toned the brass with violet crush shampoo and conditioner. It’s such a pretty shade of copper now that I don’t want to go back to the salon and mess it up, lol. Sometimes a screw up isn’t a screw up
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    Not sure it’s a good thing but I got desperate and used Sun In all over my roots. Then I toned the brass with violet crush shampoo and conditioner. It’s such a pretty shade of copper now that I don’t want to go back to the salon and mess it up, lol. Sometimes a screw up isn’t a screw up

I considered using Sun-In but I think my hair would be too dark for it to work on so decided against it, that’s great it worked for you! :) I’ve used purple shampoo/conditioner before but I’ve discovered blue shampoo/conditioner works even better on my hair to keep the brass toned.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I considered using Sun-In but I think my hair would be too dark for it to work on so decided against it, that’s great it worked for you! :) I’ve used purple shampoo/conditioner before but I’ve discovered blue shampoo/conditioner works even better on my hair to keep the brass toned.

please don't - just don't do sun in. i did it umpteen years ago and regretted it mightily. you have to have the right complexion for that. your hair is SO nice right now!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

please don't - just don't do sun in. i did it umpteen years ago and regretted it mightily. you have to have the right complexion for that. your hair is SO nice right now!

Thanks :) I read equally good and bad reviews for Sun-In, you are right it requires the right shade of hair to begin with or the result will just end up brassy and damaged. I did not find a single hair expert video that recommends it either. I won’t be using it but I admit it’s tempting because it’s such an inexpensive option.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

Thanks :) I read equally good and bad reviews for Sun-In, you are right it requires the right shade of hair to begin with or the result will just end up brassy and damaged. I did not find a single hair expert video that recommends it either. I won’t be using it but I admit it’s tempting because it’s such an inexpensive option.

i did it forty years ago when i was 17. i'm sure it was sheer peroxide. initially the color sortakinda looked like farrah fawcett circa 1979 but as time and REAL sun got at it * i worked outside all summer cutting cords of wood and planting flowers without a hat though*- it got super brassy. cringey 100 percent lol
  • emmaclarksgt
    emmaclarksgt Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    When the pandemic first started, all the establishments closed, including hairdressers. It was terrible because my best friend dyed and curled her hair correctly. I had to learn how to dye my hair and curl it myself. As you said, it's all thanks to YouTube videos and several articles dedicated to curling hair with a curling iron -- besthairadvisor.com. Now I rarely go to hairdressers because I have learned to do a lot myself, and thanks to the pandemic, I now don't spend a lot of money on hairdressing services!