From 319 lbs to 165 lbs in 16 months

Options
13»

Replies

• bgorman65
    bgorman65 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    What an awesome job! I am guessing you are about 5'10", my height, because you've got my numbers! I weighed in at 318.8 this morning (my all-time high was 438), and 165 would put me at a BMI of 23.7, which is also where I was when I graduated high school. I am hoping to have a VGS in the next month or two, which MY insurance now covers (I had to do 4 months' weight loss before applying to the insurance) - I don't want anything as radical as even a gastric bypass because I don't want my innards rerouted. So I won't lose as much, at least the vertical gastric sleeve won't help me all that way, and frankly, at 55 I doubt I'll ever get there - but then there's you! You are a perfect inspiration for me!

You have done a fantastic job! Stay healthy!
  • theresapeasa
    theresapeasa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, so very inspiring to those of us with the same amount of weight to lose, or heck, really anyone!! I am down 40 out of 120 to lose and this is a great reminder of better days to come and to not give up <3 thank you for sharing!!
  • lorimiller18
    lorimiller18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! And you absolutely glow!! An inspiration to everyone!
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration! ( And I love your matching tops and All-Stars!)
  • chriscutswood
    chriscutswood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are older as am I and it is good to see someone older lose the weight. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • ntrlwmn17
    ntrlwmn17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    amazing. you look great.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    It's difficult for some people to not be judgmental about bariatric surgery, ESPECIALLY those of us that have had significant losses without it. Many people fail to realize that we are NOT all the same. While I was able to lose 75 lbs. in a year without surgery, my older brother had a gastric ring surgically input. He did little to change his lifestyle, exercise or do practically anything he was supposed to. In the end he weighs more now that before surgery. So obviously, there IS much work required of those that have surgery, and it is not CHEATING, especially if your work resolves your obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and other medical problems. CONGRATULATIONS!

My older sister did the same. She had the surgery in her early 40s, but then didn't work to keep the weight off. She ended up gaining the weight back, got really sick with several health issues, and ultimately died from heart disease in her 50s because of it. It really does take a lot of work and commitment after bariatric surgery. It's not a cake walk.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!