I will never understand 1000 calories...

124»

Replies

• Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    i will never understand why people feel the need to food shame or calorie shame people.

Calorie shaming is a concern now? Like, telling people to eat enough food is now a form of prejudice?

^^this
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    These threads are so silly. I'm 5'0 and can not eat like you. I'm 5-10 pounds from my goal weight. My bmr is 1150 and I shoot for 1500 calories. We all have different bodies. If someone wants to lose weight at 1200, so be it. If I ate like you I would be huge. I hate all these posts about how I eat like a pig and weight just falls off me. Good for you! Doesn't work for me!

2cdc29w.jpg
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    A friend of mine is on Medifast and she's lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks and weighed less than me before she even started.
    The only person I know who did medifast gained it all back once or twice. Also, that stuff is vile, she let me try some sort of cheese puff thing.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member

2cdc29w.jpg

A special snowflake appeared.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    That is why every "diet" I was ever on failed.

Somethings are a learning experience, some people have ED. You didn't seem to understand at first either or every "diet" you did in the past wouldn't have failed.

It's not really hard to understand. Hopefully people will read these type of forums and see the light.

On another note, my 5'11" 275lb husband just got back from the doctor today. He was told to eat 1500 calories a day, not eat back exercise calories, then come back in 2 months. I'm like :sad: . I would say find a new doctor, but he wants to believe the doctor's way will work instead of a bunch of people on the internet. Sometimes it's a medical professional making these suggestions. ::shrugs::
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    i will never understand why people feel the need to food shame or calorie shame people.

Your friends list makes me incredibly sad.

Not supporting people with ED's does not = calorie shaming.

I tend not to care about others choices on here cause it's their own life, however I agree her friend list makes me so sad also. I have a 10 year old daughter and I hope and pray she cares about herself enough to know that being "skinny" and "thin" is not the most important thing in life, but being healthy is a big one. Some of those girls look ill, they are so underweight. Sad for them.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    <<<<<<eats 1000cals

for breakfast
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member

Your friends list makes me incredibly sad.

Not supporting people with ED's does not = calorie shaming.

I tend not to care about others choices on here cause it's their own life, however I agree her friend list makes me so sad also. I have a 10 year old daughter and I hope and pray she cares about herself enough to know that being "skinny" and "thin" is not the most important thing in life, but being healthy is a big one. Some of those girls look ill, they are so underweight. Sad for them.

I hope your daughter never has to experience the world of pro-ED, and if she does, I hope she is as horrified and saddened by it as a healthy-minded person should be.

About the 'calorie shaming' post (HA): Welcome to the world of pro-ED. I don't care if she says she isn't pro-ED, she surrounds herself with ED-accounts whose goals are to 'get skinny' and 'get a thigh gap' and says she isn't at least supporting THEIR eating disorder?

So many pro-ED accounts on a health and fitness website :frown: It just shows how common EDs are. I'm not even angry at these accounts (although supporting ED behaviour is absolutely despicable), I just want to reach out to every one of them and tell them that this is no way to live.

With eating disorders, there are only two paths to take: Recover, or die. The rest is just the in-between stage, what you eventually do is up to you.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    With eating disorders, there are only two paths to take: Recover, or die. The rest is just the in-between stage, what you eventually do is up to you.
    1056.gif
  • What does the snowflake mean?

Just finished up my salmon dinner and I'm now at 1231 calories after running over 3 miles and swimming laps today. I feel FULL. Amazing what a day of whole foods can get'cha.

However, 1000 sounds pretty low.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.