need advice: overeating

Options
hey guys! i’ve been using myfitnesspal (tracking my calories) for a month now. and i have serious questions that i want to be answered :(

well, before i didn’t track my calories but did exercise almost everyday and didn’t see the scale budge but i was confident that i was losing some weight cause my clothes were starting to fit me again.

however, my friend told me that i was “fat” and questioned my diet and exercise routine. and so i have decided to track my calories and reduced it to 1,200/day.

i’m 24 - F - 105 lbs and 164 cm
i exercise 5 days a week but i got off track since monday and i started overeating.

i overeat then exercise and reduce my calories the next day and then overeat again on the next day. in total, i have overeaten for 3 non consecutive days now and exercised with calorie tracking for 3 non consecutive days as well.

any useful advice???
i will surely appreciate anything!

thanks you. xoxo

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    @springlering62, by my calcluations (errr...Google) 164cm is 5'3"
  • mymtkgch
    mymtkgch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am feeling really demotivated right now and guilty abt my binges:(

any advise on how i can eat more but get leaner???

thank you for all your responses!❤️
  • cmriverside
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @springlering62, by my calcluations (errr...Google) 164cm is 5'3"

164 / 2.54 = 64.5669... = 5'4" 1/2 (rounds to 5'5". (and Google agrees with my arithmetic -- maybe you mistyped?)

tnn4fokj783q.png
  • cmriverside
    edited August 2020
    Options

Splitting hairs, that's what MFP is good at. :lol:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I AM NOT GOOD AT MATHS!

:lol: Thanks lynn
  • cmriverside
    Options
    The advice stands, the BMI at 5'5" is 18, the BMI at 5'3" is 18.6.

Back on track now.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Not to pile on, but you definitely should not lose any more weight. There are real health risks associated with doing so.

If you are not happy with your body composition, then you should consider sculpting your body to achieve your goals. Perhaps begin a strength training program to firm up a bit. You can reduce body fat without having to reduce overall weight.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    We can learn to moderate ourselves with food. I like that word moderator because I am a moderator of my foods. I don't want to dogpile, just listen to @ninerbuff. He is a Moderator on MFP. For real. :)