Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How much do you exercise weekly?

124»

Replies

• ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,101 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,101 Member
    7 days a week. I train one body part a day and do at least an hour of cardio. Usually walking fast or run/jog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • seder538seder538 Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    I have been at both ends of the spectrum, running as much as 60 miles a week with 5-6 days of weight training to simply ensuring 4 kids got every where they needed to be. Currently, now that I am a bit older (45) I do 6 days of weight training at least 1 hour a day plus around 20 miles a week. That works for me but it’s more about your goals. Do you simply want to be fit (average) or to you want to be above average amongst above average people? Whatever that answer is make sure you enjoy the journey!
  • AshHeartsJesusAshHeartsJesus Member Posts: 157 Member Member Posts: 157 Member
    I do Sydney Cummings workouts 5-6 times a week I have lost 40lbs and 10 to go 💪
  • lorrpblorrpb Member Posts: 11,253 Member Member Posts: 11,253 Member
    You can try rolling the egg on a hard surface, while putting pressure on it to break up the shell before you try to peel it. That can help.

Sometimes, the way you cook them can make them easier to peel...I put them directly from the egg cooker into ice water to cool and that seems to make them easier to peel.

Also, I have heard that the fresher the eggs are, the more difficult they can be to peel. Usually, I buy groceries that have the freshest "best by" date, but for eggs, I actually look for some that are a little older.

I use a countertop egg cooker instead of boiling them in a pot, and it's made the cooking process much easier, less hassle, and easier peeling.

Is egg rolling a form of exercise?🤣
  • fitoverfortymomfitoverfortymom Member, Premium Posts: 3,446 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,446 Member
    I work full time (from home). I wake up verrrrrry early and run or lift around 430-5 for about an hour and a half.
  • sgt1372sgt1372 Member Posts: 3,632 Member Member Posts: 3,632 Member
    I exercise 25-27 min/day rowing 5km/day @day. Anything else is extra.
  • SweetnsimpleblondSweetnsimpleblond Member Posts: 43 Member Member Posts: 43 Member
    I do 1-1.5 hours of cardio 3 days a week and weights 3 days a week. I usually throw in a brisk 2-3 mile walk a couple times a week as well with my dogs depending on the weather. I have about 15lbs more to lose.
    I’m realizing I may need to work in a rest day to allow my body a break. I work 5-6 days a week on my feet 10ish hours a day and go to school full time. I’m thinking a rest day will benefit me mentally and physically
  • AwesomeSquirrelAwesomeSquirrel Member Posts: 469 Member Member Posts: 469 Member
    Do those of you who exercise multiple hours per day work? I work full time and cannot see how to fit in over 2hrs of exercise per day. I still have responsibilities at home too.

I’m single and live alone, so while I have a full time job my other responsibilities are limited. I currently work from home and the majority of my workouts don’t require transportation, no way I could do 2-a-days if I have to travel 30+ min each way.

I do get up an hour earlier than most of my colleagues (kids or not) and do my yoga, and I’ve cut back on Netflix and couch time. “Me time” is to a larger extent focused on active hobbies. While my circumstances make it easier to devote time to workouts there is also a lot of choices and prioritisation taking place.

• amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,922 Member Member Posts: 1,922 Member
    250-300km cycling usually.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 23,787 Member Member Posts: 23,787 Member
    While my circumstances make it easier to devote time to workouts there is also a lot of choices and prioritisation taking place.

Exactly. I think this is what people miss sometimes miss. While it's real that there are circumstances that make it easier to exercise more, what is often missed is that the time still doesn't descend magically from the sky. People who are working out more are usually making deliberate choices to create the time to do so. There are movies I haven't seen yet, other hobbies I haven't taken up, etc.

While we all have a different set of circumstances that determine our overall time available, the practice of prioritizing exercise is open to many of us.