Finding your Happy Place šŸƒšŸ‚September-Decemberā„ļø

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    This weekā€™s weather was pretty dreadful in The Netherlands... -actually most of the summer- BUT, the weekend and next weeks looks like itā€™ll be gorgeous! What they cal an Indian Summer! -I have got to research what that means!!!
    Yay to sunshine!!!
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 144 Member
    Good evening ladies, itā€™s wonderful to meet all of you.
    Iā€™m Angie, Iā€™ll be 48 in October, married for 29 years, three adult children, all boys, 2 married one still at home . 1 granddaughter at the moment and a grandson on the way. Yeah!
    Highest known weight 252, current weight 190. Need to get to 160 for surgery by January. Ultimate goal 140. Several medical issues that I am working towards improving.

Love to rummage and repurpose items, love the ber months also( sweatshirt and jeans weather) enjoy music.

Wish you all the best in your journeys!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,890 Member
    @JCFan3 Hi Angie,

Love to rummage and repurpose items, love the ber months also( sweatshirt and jeans weather) enjoy music.

Iā€™m a great supporter of Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! Having to curb my rummaging, though as Iā€™m trying to declutter my possessions, especially my big girlsā€™ clothes.
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 Your flower post is beautiful and tech creative. I canā€™t seem to always get my photos to upload right!

Thought Iā€™d share my recent favorite quote from Cicero: ā€œIf you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.ā€

Have a good day everyone!
    ~ Samand
  • kiwatyleri
    kiwatyleri Posts: 5 Member
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    Hello new and returning friends!
    Itā€™s so great to see all of the positivity here.
    Itā€™s 55 and lightly drizzling today... Pretty much like yesterday...but absolutely beautiful. The red barn pic is from my drive to work... the trees havenā€™t started changing colors, but soon they will. My squirrel friend was at work with me.
    6f4gh9a2ro9p.jpeg
    lscw7rsx2f1g.jpeg
    s7baf6m8mafq.jpeg

Love the barn! What animals do they have?
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,711 Member
    That is a great question! Iā€™ve never seen any animals there... and their house is across the street to the right. Hmmm...šŸ§
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    This weekā€™s weather was pretty dreadful in The Netherlands... -actually most of the summer- BUT, the weekend and next weeks looks like itā€™ll be gorgeous! What they cal an Indian Summer! -I have got to research what that means!!!
    Yay to sunshine!!!

I spent a semester in the Netherlands in college, starting in January, and I remember everyone came out as soon as spring came, so many boats on the canals and people lounging in the parks! Ahh I miss it and riding my bicycle.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    What a great idea! It's so good to have some positivity!
    My name is Trista and I'm 40 years old. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have an 11 year old son that is starting 6th grade today!
    I've been working on losing weight since May 2016. Over the years, I've taken a few breaks here and there. Gained some, then got back to losing. I'm currently working on losing the Coronavirus 15. I'm glad I came across this thread!
  • jm216
    My husband found this hummingbird unconscious under the tractor and brought it to the house. I gave it some sugar water with a syringe and it came to and I then let him back outside. It was really cool because my niece passed away from leukaemia 9 years ago and hummingbirds have since always been around us- my sister and I are convinced it is my niece visiting us. I will miss them as they are heading south now- they definitely brighten my day.

kmz3ld7wdpo7.jpeg

Thatā€™s so beautiful! šŸ„°
  • jm216
    What a great idea! It's so good to have some positivity!
    My name is Trista and I'm 40 years old. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have an 11 year old son that is starting 6th grade today!
    I've been working on losing weight since May 2016. Over the years, I've taken a few breaks here and there. Gained some, then got back to losing. I'm currently working on losing the Coronavirus 15. I'm glad I came across this thread!

Weā€™re glad to have you, Trista! I hope your son had a good first day of school.
  • TerriRichardson112
    The journey to health and fitness is a lifetime commitment to replacing unhelpful habits, one by one, step by step. Each one of us Is travelling by a different road towards the same destination.

5p935taq7t46.jpeg

• TerriRichardson112
    q7xc6rav51qk.jpeg
  • jm216
    Terri & Dianaā€”Awesome inspiring words for today! Taking a long walk this morning with the dog and a good friend...socially distanced of course.

Do something fun for yourself today. Later Iā€™m trimming my hair and dying it. I should post a before and after. šŸ˜‚

Jill
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    I had a bad night- I think it is a little of everything right now. Social isolation, full fledged menopause, minor medical issues, the stress of selling our calves this week.
    Saw your post @TerriRichardson112 and it reminded me to start today with force! Thank you :)
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    @sweetdianachka Like your Amazon post! I need to share it with a friend who doesnā€™t want to start losing weight because it will take too long!
  • TerriRichardson112
    @jm216 said
    Do something fun for yourself today.

I drew a plan for new storage in my hobbies room. At the moment too much is stored in boxes on the floor.