Finding your Happy Place 🍃🍂September-December❄️

Replies

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Terri & Diana—Awesome inspiring words for today! Taking a long walk this morning with the dog and a good friend...socially distanced of course.

Do something fun for yourself today. Later I’m trimming my hair and dying it. I should post a before and after. 😂

Jill

I want to see! I want to see!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    Terri- I love your post about the devil. That is the woman I want to be.
    It is a beautiful afternoon after a gray,humid start. Got a Leslie Sansone workout in and some strength as well. Looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    I love this thread, because I love the ability to start fresh. I've been trying to be healthier and lose weight the past couple months but things have stayed the same. However, the past few weeks I've been adding exercise (not much, about 30 min a day but that's way better than nothing) and trying a keto diet and lost a few pounds. That is encouraging. I hope to adhere to this strict diet despite the halloween, thanksgiving, and xmas holidays that have tons of tempting foods. I've found that focusing on things that are stressing me out when exercising is helping me have better sleep. COVID has been more anxiety-filled for me than I ever thought it would! Anything I can do to feel more at peace is a good thing. I hope to make friends with people that are on a journey to be healthier and generally be in the "healthy" range. No goals to be a marathon runner, weightlifter, or model! :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,889 Member
    edited September 2020
    Jill: That looks good. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have mine trimmed.
    @silverpl2525 The beauty is that we get a clean slate every single day, and the opportunity to shine, if we choose to do so.
    @azshaws Welcome to the group.
  • kiwatyleri
    kiwatyleri Posts: 5 Member
    Jill, you look wonderful!:)

I wanted to share my fall decor.

d2nmdenkjnru.jpeg
    lt9a93khpc3x.jpeg
    6aem4b6j9oy9.jpeg
  • sweetdianachka
    @Jill you look fabulous! 💁🏻‍♀️

@kiwatyler1 I love the owl 🦉
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,711 Member
    kiwatyleri wrote: »
    Jill, you look wonderful!:)

I wanted to share my fall decor.

d2nmdenkjnru.jpeg
    lt9a93khpc3x.jpeg
    6aem4b6j9oy9.jpeg

Beautiful kitchen and decorations. So inviting!
  • jm216
    Weekly Check in—accountability to myself
    Weekly goals:
    ~Lose 1 pound
    ~Drink lots of water
    ~Log Daily—keep streak!
    ~Walk Roxie daily
    ~30 minutes of Daily movement
    ~Family time

Highest weight: 232.6 March 2019
    First/Final goal: Get under 200 pounds/Feel stronger and more energetic

🍏Sundays in September 🍎
    6th: 212.5
    13th:212.0
    20th:
    27th:

🍁 Sundays in October🎃
    4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th:

🌻 Sundays in November🌽
    1st:
    8th:
    15th:
    22nd:
    29th:

❄️Sundays in December🌲
    6th:
    13th:
    20th:
    27th:

Weight lost in this challenge:
    .5 pound

Total weight lost so far:
    ⭐️ 20.6 pounds ⭐️

Have a great Monday!

Jill❤️
  • 1poundatax
    Great Job Jill!
    I am excited. I have a physical today and I love the APRN that I see. I switched to this practice a year ago. The person I see is very encouraging and positive, she always writes a positive comment on my take-home summary. She will also note areas of concerns which is good, we discuss how to address them. It may seem silly but her positive attitude helps motivate me. The last time I saw her was the day we went into lock down. I have lost 10 pounds since then. My glucose has crept up a little :( but my A1C is good. Tomorrow I am stating a program to prevent diabetes sponsored by my local hospital. I am excited to talk about my life style changes with her. I have never looked forward to a physical before, but this person makes me feel like I can take charge and improve my health- not just manage the issues I have.
    I hope everyone has a great day.
  • sweetdianachka
    edited September 2020
    Welcome Cat! My girls are 3 and 6. I love having two girls 💕 but motherhood mixed with life is so stressful. I’m glad you’re in a good place right now. 💗

nxn706w8lzfy.jpeg

• jm216
    1poundatax wrote: »
    Great Job Jill!
    I am excited. I have a physical today and I love the APRN that I see. I switched to this practice a year ago. The person I see is very encouraging and positive, she always writes a positive comment on my take-home summary. She will also note areas of concerns which is good, we discuss how to address them. It may seem silly but her positive attitude helps motivate me. The last time I saw her was the day we went into lock down. I have lost 10 pounds since then. My glucose has crept up a little :( but my A1C is good. Tomorrow I am stating a program to prevent diabetes sponsored by my local hospital. I am excited to talk about my life style changes with her. I have never looked forward to a physical before, but this person makes me feel like I can take charge and improve my health- not just manage the issues I have.
    I hope everyone has a great day.

I hope you had a great physical! It feels great to go in with a beautiful weight loss. 👏👍
  • TerriRichardson112
    Renewal

The turning Earth reveals an awesome sight.
    The burning sphere of piercing, white-gold light,
    the universal energy sublimely rising,
    unimaginably awesome power surprising,
    in its majesty delighting
    every morning with its brightening.

(C) 2020 Terri Richardson

Especially grateful for waking to a particularly spectacular sunrise this morning, and another opportunity to live well.

No set plans for today, but it will include lots of exercise, some creative craft work, and perhaps gardening.

'Live long and prosper' (Spock, aka Leonard Nemoy in Star Trek)

☘️ Terri
  • jm216
    Renewal

Especially grateful for waking to a particularly spectacular sunrise this morning, and another opportunity to live well.

No set plans for today, but it will include lots of exercise, some creative craft work, and perhaps gardening.

'Live long and prosper' (Spock, aka Leonard Nemoy in Star Trek)

☘️ Terri

Awesome poem Terri! Very inspirational. Each day is a fresh, renewed day. ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112

Reasons to be grateful:
    • Another Beautiful sunrise, and a brand new opportunity to be and do the best that I can
    • My ability to look after my body
    • The realisation of the importance of self care
    • Being retired, which gives me the time and means to make, and follow positive choices.

idt5shwfp4jj.jpeg

• TerriRichardson112
    @catrojas Welcome to the group. Well done on your progress so far.
  • 1poundatax
    Cat, so glad that you are here. Your girls are cutie pies.

TerriRichardson112 wrote: »
    Renewal

Terri- that is beautiful Thank you for sharing.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had real fall weather which was nice. I loved the crisp air, wearing heavier clothes. We joined our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter on a spontaneous apple picking adventure this morning. That was fun.
    Tomorrow I think I will make applesauce, I haven't made that in years.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Happy first day of fall 🍁, y'all!

Late responses I know... but...

@jm216 Jill, your hair looks nice! I have baby fine hair too. I love your beautiful barn! Growing up my uncle had a great big gray barn and I loved being in it. I even loved all of the smells, what most people would think is gross. He had beef cows, mostly out to pasture, and a large chicken coop (they were very much free range chickens with lots of room to wander around) and I loved watching them. Very happy memories in that barn, happiest was rope swinging like Tarzan and dropping 20 feet or so into loose hay down below!

@sweetdianachka Diana, your girls are very cute!

@TerriRichardson112 Terri, I love rummaging and repurposing. I only picked it up a couple of years ago and it's been a while since I've done it, but I love it. A couple of years ago while out pushing my little boy in his stroller, I came across boxes of trash (my treasures) waiting for pickup and I knocked on the door of a woman selling her house and getting rid of so much. She told me to take whatever I wanted off that curb. Oh my goodness...!!! She had a Depression Era green glass water jug!!! Why, why, why would anyone throw that away????????!!!! It was perfect! Plus she had twenty baskets and five beanie babies. I put what I could below the stroller and made another trip back to get more. I wish I'd got all of the baskets but the ones I did get I use. I love Mason jars. Also I'm going to try to repurpose some plastic containers for gardening.

@kiwatyleri Your fall decor is lovely, crisp and clean and fresh fall.

@catrojas I hope you are doing well, getting better. I know you said you're suffering from depression and we're drinking heavily. I have no great advice but it seems like you're taking positive steps to wellness. You also have some adorable little girls!

I do hope everyone here has a lovely day and rest of the week! Happy happy Autumn y'all 🧡🌾🍂!