MFP is expensive!

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    And here all I bought was shoes and yoga pants that were on sale.

I'm the oddball out I reckon.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ok what is a fitbit? I must Google now!
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm vegetarian as well, feel free to add me. :wink:

Edit: I forgot to add that, the most expensive thing for me has been the food. I went from spending 20 euro a week, to 50.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I buy sneakers when needed and a HRM...that's it....welcome to MFP
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is so me! HRM, digital scale, kettlebells, a salad spinner, better supplements, all of the healthy foods & snacks...
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - looks like you're committed. Good stuff. Jenny x
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Soon U must spend loads of money on new clothes, so be prepared.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I will put it this way: no matter how much you pay for your accessories and foods, it is an investment into your own health. And it is a whole lot cheaper than a heart surgery and meds you would have to take to keep yourself alive. For me, personally moving from size 38 into a size 29 blue jeans at the age of 51 is a good problem to have.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    lol agreed
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You definitely do not need all that to be successful with MFP. I didn't have any of it to begin with and saw the scale moving down without all that stuff. I find that the accessories motivate me and make me very excited about this weight loss journey. I love exercising with my HRM and trying to keep my heart rate in the target zone. I work much harder because of it.

Every time in the past when I tried dieting, it was always a rough (read: moody) time and I dreaded stepping on the scale because it never moved much. Now with MFP and my new found knowledge, I can't wait to get on the scale Sunday mornings. I had an analog scale that worked just fine. The little lb markings were so close together that I couldn't really tell one pound from another. I bought a digital scale that measures to the .2 lb which motivates me more.

Thanks for the friend requests and good luck to all of you whatever your goals may be!
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about the cost to replace your wardrobe with smaller sizes.. wait till you see those $'s.. It's actually pretty nice to spend them for that reason. Just wait :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but I eat veggie stuff like Boca veggie burgers and Morningstar veggie products. :)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I didn't need any of that stuff to lose weight. I guess I did invest in good shoes and some dvd's but I don't think any of the things you mentioned are necessity. Gadgets are fun but not a must for weight loss. The only thing you need is determination and that's free.

Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • achetam
    achetam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegetarian in need of more MFP friends (and in constant struggle to hit my protein goals)
    Add me if you'd like
  • lizdwolf
    lizdwolf Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've just blown out a pair of 3 month old sneakers - I believe this is a direct result of having my fitbit and finding earndit and everymove.... Yay!!!! :):):)
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM but now I want one that works with my smartphone. I have had to replace clothes, underwear and shoes. I took a couple belts to a shoe repair shop and he is going to cut 3 inches off the buckle side and punch a hole for the prong. By the time I am done, I will have replaced all of my clothes because I have gone from a size 16 down to a size 6/8. I have given stuff to friends, donated to Suited for Success, Goodwill and Women's resource center.
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    New fitness friends are always good, so I sent you a request. :) I'm not vegetarian though.

I agree, although could argue most lifestyle changes are expensive when starting out. But I think we agree it's all worth it. I know for me my biggest expense is real, healthy, un-processed food and lots of it. Luckily for me, there is a very affordable gym in my area.

Oh yeah, and replacing my wardrobe will be expensive... but oh so fun, so I'm not complaining! :)

Welcome, by the way.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ive been on here a couple months and have bought Nike running shoes and need new workout pants.. mine are super loose.... I signed up for a 5k and am going to register for the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago which is almost $80!!! Its kind of crazy to pay to run right... but this girl has goals
    I am not a vegetarian - i actually had a mushroom swiss burger today for lunch (which has made my tummy angry) but I love making friends - feel free to add me.
  • rafaelaiam
    Options
    I can also recommend the Jawbone UP to track activity and sleep pattern. It has inspired me to walk at least 20,000 steps perday- approximately 20K! For those who are UP users, feel free to add me via @rafaelaiam.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Investments...
This discussion has been closed.