Hey shorties - 5'0 to 5'4 women - what is your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• MRSMOAB
    MRSMOAB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    springy82 wrote: »
    @annecantfindausername at present no I do not have a body fat percentage goal, i wanted to hit my weight loss goal first so I'm wondering what is best to do

As an athlete, definitely figure out a body fat percentage goal first and then figure out where that puts you weight-wise (your increased muscle mass will for sure make you heavier on the scale than a non-athlete). An easy way to do this is to get a scale that gives you your body composition (or even just your current body fat percentage). I got a great one for less than $50 on Amazon and it was life-changing. :smiley:
  • MamaOne13
    MamaOne13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I’m 5”2 and currently 138-139 but I’m also 20 weeks pregnant 😂 my pre-pregnancy weight was 126.

After this baby, I want to get down to 113. My first goal was 119 after I had my first baby, but didn’t get there before getting pregnant again.... oh well 😅🤷🏼‍♀️
  • SpringB82
    SpringB82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @MRSMOAB Yes I think this is a good idea, I will do some research as to where I should be, I do have scales that measure everything so I will make a note of it all and make some plans thankyou
  • BananaFanaFoFannah
    Options
    I’m 5’1 and my goal weight is 125. I started at 217, and am currently 136.

I am open to reevaluating further weight loss once I get to my goal and seeing how I feel about my body. 125 just seems like a comfortable weight to maintain to me.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I am open to reevaluating further weight loss once I get to my goal and seeing how I feel about my body. 125 just seems like a comfortable weight to maintain to me.

That’s fantastic! You’ve lost a lot:) I’m also 5’1. The last time I lost some weight I got down to 132 and I felt so good! I still had a bit to lose but I felt really good in my skin:) How long has it taken you? What have your calories/exercise been like?
  • BananaFanaFoFannah
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »

That’s fantastic! You’ve lost a lot:) I’m also 5’1. The last time I lost some weight I got down to 132 and I felt so good! I still had a bit to lose but I felt really good in my skin:) How long has it taken you? What have your calories/exercise been like?

Thank you! I started in May 2019, so by this upcoming May it will have been two years. I’m hoping that I may even reach goal weight by then as well. And it’s just been calorie counting at 1200 the majority of the time. When I first started, I had a more relaxed calorie limit around 1600 I think, and then I gradually lowered it as I lost weight. It felt like less pressure than jumping straight to eating 1200 cals, you know? Of course, now the weight loss has slowed down a LOT, and I’m thinking of adjusting up to maintenance cals for a bit to “reset” things, so to speak, and then get back at it. I’m also planning to incorporate more exercise in, as well.

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my current weight is 186. Lbs I was 130lbs last hear and gained over 50lbs during lockdown and the rest of 2020. At 130lbs I looked great so that is my goal for now , I may go down to 125 if I feel the need.
  • PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    4'10", 44, current weight 126lbs (thanks, lockdown boredom and demotivation!), goal weight 112lbs. This is a maintainable weight for me if I eat sensibly and exercise every day.

Got down to 105lbs - 7 1/2 stone a few years ago which is apparently the perfect weight for my height and frame. Was really difficult to maintain long term though. Had to do a lot of exercise and calorie counting, impacted too much on enjoying myself! I put around 7lbs back on over a long holiday of a lifetime roadtrip.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    66 - 5'1"
    SW - 227
    CW - 127.6
    GW - 127
  • adalesusa
    adalesusa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    5’2” with a tiny frame
    Highest 75 kgs
    Lowest 53kg
    Cw 60kg
    GW 49kg

The extra kgs is making all my new clothes tight and pushing over the line from yummy to mummy 😂😱
    I’d like to get down to 49kg as I know It’s maintainable and will get rid of my chunky hips!
    2blxq7hqko11.jpeg

• catrinrees1952
    catrinrees1952 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Healthy food choices!!! Let's go girls.

Note to self. On week 5 of couch to 5k. Go for a run today! Yeah!!! X
  • Itaintsafa
    Itaintsafa Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I’m 5’0.
    Currently 130lbs.
    To get to a borderline healthy weight range my 1st goal is 126lbs.. Then I’m hoping to get to 120lbs and try to maintain! Feel free to add so we can support and motivate eachother!!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 66 and active; at my best between 125-130; right now I'm about 145. I gain easily and lose slowly, always did. So I'm here again, this time to figure out a healthy eating pattern that works for loss and maintenance. I stay at my goal weight for 2-3 years and then gain it back and I'm tired of the seesaw.
  • Britgirl1953
    Britgirl1953 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm 70 years old and just found out that I have shrunk half an inch, so now I am 5'3.5" and 174lbs. Almost obese by BMI chart standards. I work out at a gym three times a week and I am still working as a mobile hairdresser, so I'm quite active on a daily basis. However, I have an unhealthy relationship with food, frequently munching just because it's there, or I'm feeling stressed. My goal, given my age, is not extreme. I'm aiming for 150lbs. No particular timeline. Just steady weight loss. I have joined the November Weight Loss Challenge.