Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Foods you’ve recently found that help you diet?

breubabreuba Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
Here are some recent foods that I found (new to me) that help with dieting and of course some that everyone know:

- All of the riced cauliflower bags from Green giant.

- Cauliflower fried rice from Trader Joe’s.

- Healthy Choice “simply” Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Stirfry, both low cal and filling for me

- Trader Joe’s Tzatziki sauce
- Trader Joe’s low cal guacamole (made with greek yogurt)

- all of the quest protein bars and quest chips with guac above

- tru grill chicken bags from target. Just super easy and quick portion controlled titles chicken.

Some other staples that have been helping:

Sugar free yogurt and puddings
Blueberries
Salsa

Have any recent finds? They don’t have to be new just new to you that you find helpful for an ongoing deficit?

Replies

• VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 933 Member Member Posts: 933 Member
    Leafy greens, cauliflower and broccoli, decaf coffee with nutpod non dairy creamer, herbal teas, sugar free jello, protein powder, glucomannan powder
  • amart4224amart4224 Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    I hadn't eaten cottage cheese in years until I read it in a list of high protein foods when I was trying to increase my protein. Turns out I love the 4% fat variety, I eat a serving every day and it keeps me feeling full for hours.
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 6,264 Member Member Posts: 6,264 Member
    Birchbenders

I'm making everything with it. Add it to my omelettes to make them light and fluffy. Crepes, pancakes, bread, mini cakes/cookies. You can throw it up against the wall and it sticks. It is one versatile product.

https://birchbenders.com/collections/pancake-waffle-mix
  • TeaBeaTeaBea Member Posts: 14,325 Member Member Posts: 14,325 Member
    Popcorn seeds, oil, and Kernel Seasons topping. I use a microwave popper. 1 teaspoon of oil is all that's needed for the toppings to stick.

Individual ice cream cups have been great this summer. Unfortunately they don't come in Breyer's pumpkin spice.
  • strongwouldbenicestrongwouldbenice Member Posts: 153 Member Member Posts: 153 Member
    Pumpkin!
    I'd always grouped potato, sweet potato and pumpkin in together (as the three usual starchy vegetables that always get roasted) and assumed they had very similar calories, and had generally avoided them when logging.
    About 18 months ago I went to log pumpkin for the first time and COULD NOT BELIEVE how low calorie they actually are. I checked at least five different websites because I was sure mfp must be wrong.
    I eat at least one pumpkin a week year round now. Love them.

And for the record, I do eat potato and sweet potato, but generally I'd rather spend the calories on bread or pasta <3
  • silverpl2525silverpl2525 Member Posts: 53 Member Member Posts: 53 Member
    lemon juice in water, ginger for digestion, flavored water, broccoli, mushrooms, steak, fish, avocado oil, coconut oil, a multivitamin, fish oil that has been molecularly distilled, chia seeds, ground flaxseed
  • lisavgagnelisavgagne Member Posts: 28 Member Member Posts: 28 Member
    Metamucil chocolate wafers are 100 calories a pack - one pack is two wafers. Now....you have to drink a ton of water with them and I only eat one a day b/c it's too much fiber for me to eat two (at least right now) but the one wafer makes a great treat each day. Seriously, drink at least a full glass of water per wafer.

I can't believe I am saying metamucil is a treat, LOL. But this darn wafer really tastes a lot like an oreo chocolate cookie AND it is beneficial. It has been life changing in more way than one.
  • GoldrusherGoldrusher Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs only 45 calories each. Put them on a warmed Mission Flour Carb Balance tortilla. Only 70 calories and like 14 grams of fiber . Put on2 tablespoons GREAT VALUE HOT DOG SAUCE at only 10 calories a tablespoon onions and mustard, roll up and they are only 135 each!!!!! and soooo good!!
    Or use 12 tablespoons of Great Value Egg substitute or Egg Beaters. Only 100 calories and then put 2-4tablesppoon of GREAT VALUE Hot DOG Sauce on it with onions adnda bit of shredded cheese if you like. 120-140 calories for a huge Chili omelet!!
    Raymundo's gelatin cups with fruit. 20 calories per cup!!
  • thefatcyclerthefatcycler Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Sushi, burrito supremes, big Mac meals, and plenty of starbucks. Lost 17lbs in a month on mostly this. I only cook at home about twice a month.