The best place to put one of my favorite spooky story recordings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXcklHHndY
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    ive got a spooky halloween story:
    "it was canceled because of covid19!"

More candy for me!!

I used to work admin for a city councillor and one time a constituent emailed her city councillor asking if the city could move the date of Halloween to be on a weekend. It interfered with her schedule when it was on a week night. It made her stay up too late when she had to work the next day. That was one of the best requests I got. I should have escalated it to the mayors office.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    This isn't strictly Halloween, but everyone loves a song that tells a story. Especially when it's the right kinda creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yywGI1H_oyM
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

shhhhhh

look candy corn o0x5ckf3ut6s.jpeg

xmas has also been cancelled.

Santa is a high-risk individual due to his advanced age and obesity.

he simply cannot be allowed to fly in his sleigh this year and enter the homes of people who aren't in his immediate family.
    no but really- just wait until the holiday ads start showing up. i'll put money on it now that we'll see commercials and ads with Santa wearing a red mask; and hopefully, if we're lucky, he'll be saying "merry xmas everybody and don't forget to stay ho-ho-home this year!"
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

shhhhhh

he simply cannot be allowed to fly in his sleigh this year and enter the homes of people who aren't in his immediate family.
    no but really- just wait until the holiday ads start showing up. i'll put money on it now that we'll see commercials and ads with Santa wearing a red mask; and hopefully, if we're lucky, he'll be saying "merry xmas everybody and don't forget to stay ho-ho-home this year!"

my festive seasonal spirit is the only thing keeping me goin rn tbh so i’ll just go back to shopping for a white buffalo head and fake blood for my sexy bad omen costume tyvm
  • fstrickl

shhhhhh

my festive seasonal spirit is the only thing keeping me goin rn tbh so i’ll just go back to shopping for a white buffalo head and fake blood for my sexy bad omen costume tyvm

i think (once the State announces the cancellation of all Halloween parties, festivals, haunted houses, and trick or treating events of course) that everyone should just sit on their front porches with a slingshot and bags of candy to aim at the children on the sidewalk.

this will maintain social distancing as well as ensure the children still have a safe and happy halloween.

#yeetthetreats2020

But actually, that would be awesome!
  • ermengarde22

shhhhhh

i think (once the State announces the cancellation of all Halloween parties, festivals, haunted houses, and trick or treating events of course) that everyone should just sit on their front porches with a slingshot and bags of candy to aim at the children on the sidewalk.

this will maintain social distancing as well as ensure the children still have a safe and happy halloween.

#yeetthetreats2020

i like my idea better but same vibe
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    This year, I'll be handing out Covid-19 vaccines to all of the trick-or-treaters !!

Either that or Tootsie Rolls.

.... probably Tootsie Rolls.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    Pumpkins I did a few years ago... 😁
    My kid did the one on the left 😂

l1m6hqfolbf4.jpg
  • ermengarde22
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This year, I'll be handing out Covid-19 vaccines to all of the trick-or-treaters !!

tootsie rolls are a terrible candy
  • fstrickl

Yup...sorry, not sorry. Tootsie rolls were also left in the bottom of my pillow case. Any one else trick or treat with a pillow case? Also, did anyone else notice that the "mini" sized chocolate bars and candy have gotten even mini-er of late?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

yes, yes they are

..... and the ones I intend to hand out are at least three years old and more unyielding than an acorn.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

shhhhhh

#yeetthetreats2020

Need to work on my aim then.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

I like tootsie rolls. :) it's lollipops I never wanted. Or dum-dums or any of those things. I'm proud to say I've kept many a dentist in business with my tootsie roll obsession.