• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job :)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! That's truly inspirational! :smile:
    (PS I can't help it but I'm wondering why you're wearing a tshirt to your sister's wedding? Did you spill something on your dress? :wink: )

I've been seeing these pics of weight lifting ladies on MFP and got myself two dumbbells, but I have no idea how to start a lifting routine with free weights.

It was a very casual wedding. Its one of my work shirts. It looks kinda like a tshirt in this pic.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, love lifting stories
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • dgdjs_hdks
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    **Applause**

I love that. And only 10 pounds difference.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Awesome numbers on the weights you are lifting, very good job, I hope to get that high soon enough, My deadlift caps at 135.

Keep up the awesome work!!!!!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Awesome-sauce! You look great, and strong. Win for heavy lifting!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thought i would also add in my current numbers. I weigh 163lbs right now. When i started lifting, i started with just an empty OLY bar, so 45 lbs and NOW...

My current PRs (lbs):
    Back squat - 185 X 4
    Conventional deadlift - 225 X 4
    Overhead press - 70 X 5
    Bench press - 105 X 4
    Bent Over Row - 115 X 5

Oh, you just inspired me even more! I have been lifting primarily with free weights in the last 18 months but very recently decided to up the ante by using a 45-lb Oly bar. I did my very first bench press only 48 hours ago. Empty bar. I was terrified but my workout buddy kept a very close eye on my form. My first set was quasi-garbage as I tried to get used to holding the bar. By the end of my 4th set I was hooked.

Seeing your numbers here just lit a huge fire under my butt. I cannot wait for next Monday (back & biceps)! Thank you so much for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thought i would also add in my current numbers. I weigh 163lbs right now. When i started lifting, i started with just an empty OLY bar, so 45 lbs and NOW...

My current PRs (lbs):
    Back squat - 185 X 4
    Conventional deadlift - 225 X 4
    Overhead press - 70 X 5
    Bench press - 105 X 4
    Bent Over Row - 115 X 5

Oh, you just inspired me even more! I have been lifting primarily with free weights in the last 18 months but very recently decided to up the ante by using a 45-lb Oly bar. I did my very first bench press only 48 hours ago. Empty bar. I was terrified but my workout buddy kept a very close eye on my form. My first set was quasi-garbage as I tried to get used to holding the bar. By the end of my 4th set I was hooked.

Seeing your numbers here just lit a huge fire under my butt. I cannot wait for next Monday (back & biceps)! Thank you so much for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:

I got my friend hooked on it too. First, she wanted to get skinny, but now she sends me pictures of physically fit women and has decided that is her ideal look rather than a thin model.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a fabulous job well done - love your new-found strength and awesome attitude!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    There is so much WIN in this thread. Well done, Mighty One!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Exxxxxcellent
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    tl;dr version - I got fat, got skinny, got fat again and now getting fit.

You're doing an amazing job of this too. The progress here is astounding and worth repeating. Amazing.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! You are an inspiration :D
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mmmhhhh I enjoy this story...well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!