Biggest Fear

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Humans are social creatures, its not conditioning, People who are alone pursue selfish desires.

The day you can completely isolate yourself and be sane, then you can refer to human conditioning.

I am scared to not achieve my full potential, how many people in this world strive to be the best? If it was instilled in most of us when we were young, this world would be different.

Being the best and leaving your mark. Not many people try to accomplish that.

But you've said it yourself, you're going to die. It doesn't matter whether you achieve full potential or not.

Don't get me wrong, I strive to be the best at what I do (lifting) I want to improve all the time, but I'm not scared of it, ultimately it won't effect my outlook on anything, because I've accepted death, something people struggle to deal with. This world would be different if people weren't obsessed with a fake society and a fake currency (money) - money doesn't even exist, it is made up - yet it controls the ENTIRE world and peoples emotions, don't even get me started on what would make the world different :D

Perhaps some people require more reassurance of their accomplishments than others? May be for some it's not enough to know themselves that they have lived to the fullest. But I guess that goes along with how we are raised and what society perceives as good enough?

The only reason people require more reassurance is because of the pressure of society. I mean, even simple things like having the newest phone, or having the new car are achievements to some people, and it's sickening.

That being said, I'm not saying I am exempt from this, I also have a good phone, I don't have a car, and I like new clothes, that's because of society and human conditioning, I'm guilty of it too. The problem I have is when people are not really aware of what is going on around them, just on auto-pilot mode living life everyday like a robot, it's scary.

An example of something today, I was watching a game show on TV (the TV was left on, I turn TV's off usually, I hate it, its poison). Anyway, there was a game show on and someone was winning some money, like £7000 or something but they gambled and only won £3000 - the person was SAD that they had won 3,000 instead of 7,000 and that is disgusting - there is people in the world with no money, no clothes, no homes, no heating and someone feels sadness over winning £3,000.

vomit.
  • alexandriapatton
    alexandriapatton Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do have to agree with you there. This thread has definitely took a turn into a more open discussion than I thought. :)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    heights, crowds, physical contact from a stranger (hug, handshake, high five) isn't happening
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ticks.......Typing the words makes me shudder.....
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    1. Forced to eat cake (or junk food) at work because they're calling it a "team building" event.

2. Becoming overweight again.

8488541.png
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    spiders.... *kitten* spiders - I'm like ron weasley in this b*tch
    558571_10151558640646039_952647455_n_zpsa8843064.jpg
  • mikesavvy
    mikesavvy Posts: 108
    Options
    Humans are social creatures, its not conditioning, People who are alone pursue selfish desires.

The day you can completely isolate yourself and be sane, then you can refer to human conditioning.

I am scared to not achieve my full potential, how many people in this world strive to be the best? If it was instilled in most of us when we were young, this world would be different.

But you've said it yourself, you're going to die. It doesn't matter whether you achieve full potential or not.

Don't get me wrong, I strive to be the best at what I do (lifting) I want to improve all the time, but I'm not scared of it, ultimately it won't effect my outlook on anything, because I've accepted death, something people struggle to deal with. This world would be different if people weren't obsessed with a fake society and a fake currency (money) - money doesn't even exist, it is made up - yet it controls the ENTIRE world and peoples emotions, don't even get me started on what would make the world different :D

Perhaps some people require more reassurance of their accomplishments than others? May be for some it's not enough to know themselves that they have lived to the fullest. But I guess that goes along with how we are raised and what society perceives as good enough?

The only reason people require more reassurance is because of the pressure of society. I mean, even simple things like having the newest phone, or having the new car are achievements to some people, and it's sickening.

That being said, I'm not saying I am exempt from this, I also have a good phone, I don't have a car, and I like new clothes, that's because of society and human conditioning, I'm guilty of it too. The problem I have is when people are not really aware of what is going on around them, just on auto-pilot mode living life everyday like a robot, it's scary.

An example of something today, I was watching a game show on TV (the TV was left on, I turn TV's off usually, I hate it, its poison). Anyway, there was a game show on and someone was winning some money, like £7000 or something but they gambled and only won £3000 - the person was SAD that they had won 3,000 instead of 7,000 and that is disgusting - there is people in the world with no money, no clothes, no homes, no heating and someone feels sadness over winning £3,000.

vomit.

I do not require reassurance, what i do with my life, only i know. I have learned, never share your success with others, because people get jealous and turn.

Success in lifting weights and striving to be the best at what you want to be is one thing, but to be the best at the thing you hate is another.

You can not say people are instilled with this quality, because i bet 80% of the people in this world are ok with putting their security in a company that can fire them any day of the week. The average person is an underachiever.

Your missing my point, to die, with no family to carry on your name, no son, and wasting your life going on, just getting by, thats what i would be scared of. Wasting my life.

Yes you can say its up to the individual as to what a waste is, and i agree, whats important to me, is family and success, so my family doesnt have to struggle. I live to love those in my life.

Anyone who says anything less are usually the ones who arent progressing to be what they want to be.

Being the best, means getting what makes u happy, and if thats money, family, girls, or all of these things, then you will get it and own it vs sitting back and let life pass you by and not trying to get the things you want, because either you are to lazy or your like the rest who have the i dont give a **** attitude and just settle.

How about this for a fear, fear of getting comfortable with less and not progressing to get more.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

vomit.

I do not require reassurance, what i do with my life, only i know. I have learned, never share your success with others, because people get jealous and turn.

Success in lifting weights and striving to be the best at what you want to be is one thing, but to be the best at the thing you hate is another.

You can not say people are instilled with this quality, because i bet 80% of the people in this world are ok with putting their security in a company that can fire them any day of the week. The average person is an underachiever.

Your missing my point, to die, with no family to carry on your name, no son, and wasting your life going on, just getting by, thats what i would be scared of. Wasting my life.

Yes you can say its up to the individual as to what a waste is, and i agree, what important to me, is family and success, so my family doesnt have to struggle. I live to love those in my life.

Anyone who says anything less are usually the ones who arent progressing to be what they want to be.

Being the best, means getting what makes u happy, and if thats money, family, girls, or all of these things, then you will get it and own it vs sitting back and let life pass you by and not trying to get the things you want, because either you are to lazy or your like the rest who have the i dont give a **** attitude and just settle.

How about this for a fear, fear of getting comfortable with less and not progressing to get more.

"Getting what makes you happy"

You realise what SHOULD make people happy though, right? Nature, tree's, birds, the sea. Not things that humans have CREATED. We as humans are obsessed with materialistic things and it is frightening.

You were doing ok until this post, now you do just sound like a product of society, talking about families and stuff, no family name to carry on? So what? You wouldn't be "wasting" your life if you didn't have a son, a daughter, a family.

It sounds like you need to find the answer of WHY you want those things. The answer: it will make me happy - is not a correct one.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Rational
    Dying and not getting to see my children grow up.

Irrational
    Anything lurking in the bottom of the ocean that I can't see...terrified of crabs biting my toes, fish, sharks etc. and yet I love the ocean.
    Spiders because well yeah they're spiders.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dying and my MFP friends not knowing.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Spiders, rap music and the cast from Jersey Shore.
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bugs and dying alone
  • mikesavvy
    mikesavvy Posts: 108
    Options

vomit.

Yes you can say its up to the individual as to what a waste is, and i agree, what important to me, is family and success, so my family doesnt have to struggle. I live to love those in my life.

"Getting what makes you happy"

You realise what SHOULD make people happy though, right? Nature, tree's, birds, the sea. Not things that humans have CREATED. We as humans are obsessed with materialistic things and it is frightening.

You were doing ok until this post, now you do just sound like a product of society, talking about families and stuff, no family name to carry on? So what? You wouldn't be "wasting" your life if you didn't have a son, a daughter, a family.

It sounds like you need to find the answer of WHY you want those things. The answer: it will make me happy - is not a correct one.

I agree with you 100% society instills what should make you happy. A agree 100%, i just made a generalization. People are materialistic. But tbh for some, it makes them happy.

And no, when your teachings and you thoughts dont prevail in life, your example doesnt exist. When you have people in your life, you either have a good impact or a bad one.

And yes, if you pass and the people can only take bad from your existence.

And wtf???? nature trees, birds, wtf????? Tbh purpose usually make people happy, not saying its good or bad, but people who find purpose are usually less depress.
  • dsylikm
    dsylikm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    heights. yet I love roller coasters. go figure.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Clowns.... Hands down
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bees and wasps

Dying a horrible painful death.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Giant sci-fi spiders, scorpions and centipedes eating me alive.
  • She_Hulk
    Options
    Spiders, being eaten alive (I know an alligator is going to get me eventually), and flying. Yes, I refuse to get on a plane. You'd have to seriously drug me or knock me out. Probably knock me out because I don't think there's a drug strong enough to get me on a plane. Phew...I feel so much better confessing that now. Oh, and escalators. Just going down. I'd rather not talk about that one though. :frown:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Bridges!!

I don't like going over or under them.