home treadmills hurt my knees - any ideas as to why?

2»

Replies

• djaxon1
    djaxon1 Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2020
    Here in UK, Amazon returns are pretty easy !
    I was going to say painless !
    I get painkillers on prescription for trapped nerve in sole of foot but I hardly take them. 8 daily but miss 99% days
    Sometimes if I'm going to push myself on treadmill , I'll take a couple as in the past have had ankle pains on TM. If and when I get any pain I STOP.
    I'm sure this usually is frowned on but I've survived some real TM torture - I only use 18% grade !
    IF you take any pain relief after TM walk, maybe try take before ?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    djaxon1 wrote: »
    Here in UK, Amazon returns are pretty easy !
    I was going to say painless !
    I get painkillers on prescription for trapped nerve in sole of foot but I hardly take them. 8 daily but miss 99% days
    Sometimes if I'm going to push myself on treadmill , I'll take a couple as in the past have had ankle pains on TM. If and when I get any pain I STOP.
    I'm sure this usually is frowned on but I've survived some real TM torture - I only use 18% grade !
    IF you take any pain relief after TM walk, maybe try take before ?

amazon returns here in the US are easy - but taking the treadmill apart and reboxing it isn't. then we have to set up a pickup, and last time, the UPS guy lied and said we weren't here three days in a row.

i've learned not to overlook pain. i have had injuries in both knees, and i have to be careful of them. pain = stop.

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    3 1/2 years later, i have discovered that the pain i had in my knees when using treadmills doesn't happen if i walk on an incline. at 5%, i have no knee issues. ironically, i was so concerned about knee pain for a few years that i always used home treadmills flat.