Have you ever cried on the scale? Not happy tears.

Options
2»

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    Options
    You're doing great, but clearly finding it difficult to recognize it.

Can I suggest you also take your measurements? They don't fluctuate the way weight does.

I also find it helpful to focus on fitness goals. It might just be how far can you walk in 15 minutes to start with, but you will probably find you start making progress quite quickly. It's so motivating when you can see how much more you can achieve.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow- I know it may not feel like it when you have a week where you give it your all and don't see the results you are expecting but you are doing great.

I agree that doctors do not know much about weight or weight loss. Years ago I had a doctor who told me the reason I had strep throat was because I was overweight- umm no, the reason I had strep throat was because I had 2 kids at home with it. Another doctor told me it was "easy to lose weight if I really wanted to."

I am currently part of a program that includes a weight loss coach. She reminded us we will not lose every week, some weeks we will go down, some we may stay the same or some even gain a little. So 1 lb. a week would be 4-5 pounds a month. That was helpful for me to hear because so often I have thrown in the towel when I haven't lost what I expected.

You re doing a great job. Keep it up!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Do measurements as well, and look for non-scale victories. They have been things for me like "my pants are loose and I need a smaller size" "I had enough energy today that I didn't need a nap" "I wasn't so sore and exhausted after doing the weekly grocery shopping that I had to rest the rest of the day" and stuff also like "I logged a sweet treat and then forgot to eat it." Because I get NSVs and moments of "Wow, I think I started to see my waist!" in the mirror way more than I get on the scale and see pounds drop.