Does time of day matter?

Options
Does it matter what time of day it is when I eat? For example, if I wanted a late night snack and had a bunch of extra calories, should I bother?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I assuming it does keep you from sleeping or upset your stomach, go ahead.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

I meant "assuming it does NOT keep you from sleeping ..."
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I meant "assuming it does NOT keep you from sleeping ..."

All good - I understood :smiley:

I was starving last night and I realized I hadn’t eaten much. But I was worried it would affect my progress. I ate anyways (lol)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @DupreeTheTRex Great name, I must say. Dupree The TRex, I am a leader on a TRE, Time Restricted Eating group. It's completely crickets. You know why, Dupree? Because we're already on to the next best thing. Yes, we are. Time marches on and there's always a new food protocol coming around the corner.

I can't put my finger on it just yet or prognosticate what it might be but it's here. I can feel it in my bones.
    You didn't mess anything UP. No, siree. When I'm really hungry in the middle of the night, I just take a teaspoon or two of some jalapeno cream cheese. Yes, I do. A little dab'll do ya. Sure will.

You're on the right track. Keep tooling along, now.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Nope. If it did, then people who travel coast to coast regularly would be screwed. CICO for the win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you eat a bunch of extra calories it will slow your loss this week, regardless of when you eat them. How much extra did you consume?
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    If you eat a bunch of extra calories it will slow your loss this week, regardless of when you eat them. How much extra did you consume?

Seldom do I exceed my goal and even if I do exceed the goal I’ve usually had a greater deficit in previous days. I’ve been told I should keep an eye on my weekly caloric goals when deciding if I should snack or not if I’m approaching my goal for the day.

In the case of my OP, I had left over calories but it was right before bed. I was caught up having a game night and wanted a snack before bed. I was worried it would have a negative effect on my long term goals.