99 CALORIE CLEAN Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
SOURCE: http://thenakedkitchen.com

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup chocolate chips of your choice (I used SunSpire Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
1/4 cup organic no salt added creamy peanut butter (I used 365 Everyday Organic Creamy Peanut Butter from Whole Foods)
3 Medjool dates, pitted
1 candy mold of your choice (you can purchase these at Michael’s craft stores, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Jo-Ann Fabrics or your local hobby store)

PREP:

In a small saucepan on very low heat, melt the chocolate chips.
reese1-300x200.jpg

Using a clean/unused paint brush, paint the melted chocolate into the candy molds.

Put the molds into the freezer for 10 minutes.
reese4-300x200.jpg

While the chocolate is hardening, add the peanut butter and dates to a food processor or powerful blender and process until throughly blended. Set aside.
reese2-300x200.jpg

Remove the candy mold from the freezer and fill the hardened chocolate molds with the peanut butter mixture. (It’s easiest to use your fingers to gently press the peanut butter mixture into the chocolate shells)
reese3-300x200.jpg

Using the remaining melted chocolate, paint over the top to cover the peanut butter mixture.

Place the mold back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until completely hardened.

Remove from the freezer and carefully “pop” candy out of molds. They should easily pop out, if not place back in the freezer for another 5 minutes.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
Makes 10-12 candies (depends on the mold you select).

Serving size 1 candy.

Nutrients per serving: Calories: 99.5, Cal. from Fat: 46.5, Total Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Carbs: 11.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugars: 6.5g, Protein: 1.5g, Sodium: 0mg, Chol: 0mg

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good but I still think I would prefer the real thing

1 Reese's cup

105 calories
    7.5 g. Fat
    12 g. Carbs
    10.5 g. Sugar
    2.5 g. Protein
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    break one in half, spray it with windex, then you have a 50 calorie clean PB cup
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

1 Reese's cup

105 calories
    7.5 g. Fat
    12 g. Carbs
    10.5 g. Sugar
    2.5 g. Protein

^ And they're conveniently located at the check out counter of your local grocery, so there's no prep time or clean up.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    OMG these look delish!! Thanks for posting!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup chocolate chips of your choice (I used SunSpire Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
    1/4 cup organic no salt added creamy peanut butter (I used 365 Everyday Organic Creamy Peanut Butter from Whole Foods)
    3 Medjool dates, pitted
    1 candy mold of your choice (you can purchase these at Michael’s craft stores, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Jo-Ann Fabrics or your local hobby store)

PREP:

reese1-300x200.jpg

Using a clean/unused paint brush, paint the melted chocolate into the candy molds.

reese4-300x200.jpg

While the chocolate is hardening, add the peanut butter and dates to a food processor or powerful blender and process until throughly blended. Set aside.
    reese2-300x200.jpg

Remove the candy mold from the freezer and fill the hardened chocolate molds with the peanut butter mixture. (It’s easiest to use your fingers to gently press the peanut butter mixture into the chocolate shells)
    reese3-300x200.jpg

Using the remaining melted chocolate, paint over the top to cover the peanut butter mixture.

Place the mold back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until completely hardened.

Remove from the freezer and carefully “pop” candy out of molds. They should easily pop out, if not place back in the freezer for another 5 minutes.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

Serving size 1 candy.

Nutrients per serving: Calories: 99.5, Cal. from Fat: 46.5, Total Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Carbs: 11.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugars: 6.5g, Protein: 1.5g, Sodium: 0mg, Chol: 0mg

Can you elaborate what makes this clean when it's chock full of processed ingredients?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    This looks interesting. But I ain't got no time fo dat.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

1 Reese's cup

105 calories
    7.5 g. Fat
    12 g. Carbs
    10.5 g. Sugar
    2.5 g. Protein

Me, too!!!!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    This looks interesting. But I ain't got no time fo dat.

Ha!! I swear that's exactly what I was thinking!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Eh. Nothing can beat a real Reese's.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I made imitation PB Cup fat bombs recently.

1.5 sticks butter
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    4 tbsp nutella

Melt in a pot, pour into molds, put in freezer for a few hours and then eat!

Serving size is one

Nutrition info

124 cals
    3 carbs
    12 fat
    1 protein
    89 sodium
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Look, they come in wrappers to protect them from dirt. Seems clean enough for me.
    reeses.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Look, they come in wrappers to protect them from dirt. Seems clean enough for me.
    reeses.jpg

+1!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    reeses.jpg

+1!

+2
  • Jordanad79
    Options

INGREDIENTS:

3 Medjool dates, pitted

PREP:

reese1-300x200.jpg

reese4-300x200.jpg

reese2-300x200.jpg

reese3-300x200.jpg

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

Serving size 1 candy.

Can you elaborate what makes this clean when it's chock full of processed ingredients?

Huh? Did you not read the ingredients list?? Maybe the chocolate chips are but I'm not sure how medjool dates are processed? And peanut butter is just crushed up peanuts... Perhaps YOU could elaborate.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
    Ingredients
    MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR; COCOA BUTTER; CHOCOLATE; NONFAT MILK; MILK FAT; LACTOSE; SOY LECITHIN; PGPR, EMULSIFIER); PEANUTS; SUGAR; DEXTROSE; SALT; TBHQ (PRESERVATIVE)

I prefer not to eat gmo soy lecithin, or an emulsifier so that the peanut butter cup can now sit on a shelf for months before I eat it AND a chemical preservative that is a form of butane.

I love to make my own desserts so this looks awesome!
  • Jordanad79
    Options

INGREDIENTS:

3 Medjool dates, pitted

PREP:

reese1-300x200.jpg

reese4-300x200.jpg

reese2-300x200.jpg

reese3-300x200.jpg

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

Serving size 1 candy.

Huh? Did you not read the ingredients list?? Maybe the chocolate chips are but I'm not sure how medjool dates are processed? And peanut butter is just crushed up peanuts... Perhaps YOU could elaborate.

They are, and you just proved that these are not "clean"

So one ingredients is not "clean." OH NO!!!!!! I GUESS WE SHOULD ALL BERATE THE OP NOW!!!

Use pure chocolate if you want. It's not hard. These are still less processed than Reese Peanut Butter cups.
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the pb cups Unreal makes ... 80 calories not bad... and I just get them out of the bag. :)