I'm wanting to lose another 84 pounds who's with me

Options
I'm on a journey to lose 84 pounds and I know it will not happen overnight my goal is to have it gone a year from now I'm going to work very hard at meeting this goal and drinking more water which I've been doing lately as I work in a warehouse for 10 hours a day 4 days a week. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other .

Replies

• ThroughTheNever86
    Options
    You got this! I am juat getting rolling on my journey to lose over 200!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,054 Member
    Options
    I had a total of 129 lbs to lose ... I have lost 38 lbs... 91 more to go ...we got this :)
  • black_diamonds_8
    black_diamonds_8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey to lose 84 pounds and I know it will not happen overnight my goal is to have it gone a year from now I'm going to work very hard at meeting this goal and drinking more water which I've been doing lately as I work in a warehouse for 10 hours a day 4 days a week. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other .

Hi there, I tried sending a request but received an error. Feel free to add me 😊. And best of luck with your journey!
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I’m down 55 pounds with 80 to go to my dream goal. Feel free to add me. ❤️👏🏼
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm back again... lost 50 lbs here about 4 years ago, gained it all back. I'm 5'5" and weigh 234. Goal weight is 140-150, and I know it will take a year or more. My mistake last time was starving myself and losing weight too fast, so I need friends who are on a realistic long-term journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

I do not do the friend thing. I do have a group for people with 75 or more pounds to lose (or they started that way) that are trying to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

I am afraid you will not get all your weight off in a year. At least not in a healthy way. You can get a lot of it off. What many people do not realize is that you can lose 2 pounds a week when you are heavier but as you get lighter you need to drop to 1.5 for a time, then 1, and for some it drops to .5lb per week at the very end. This is because as your body weight decreases your ability to metabolize fat goes down and losing faster reduces muscle. It is also because your calorie goal keeps going down and trying to maintain a 1000 calorie a day deficit (the amount to lose 2lbs per week) cuts you deeper and deeper.
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 80-90lbs. I lost 50lbs 7 years ago then I had 2 kids and, I've gained weight after each one. The youngest one is 4 now and, I need to do something. I'm not comfortable with my own body. I had a dr's appointment yesterday and, I need to check back in with her in 4 months. I really would like to have lost 10% of my weight at that time.