Trying to Re-up My Selflove and Motivation

Hello! I’m a 32 year old female that originally lost 170lbs over the course of 2.5 years. I went through some trauma and slowly the weight crept back on. To date, I sit at 295lbs and 95lbs to lose to begin with. I feel overwhelmed and disappointed in myself to be back here again. I didn’t gain it all back, but geeze I gained back enough. My life is a mess and the first step to reclaiming my life is starting with my weight. The rest will come. I could really use some support and guidance here. I appreciate you in advance!

Replies

• janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    You can do it...one day at a time...focus on that....just one day...Good Luck !
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Good luck and you can add me for motivation if you want!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Hello! I’m a 32 year old female that originally lost 170lbs over the course of 2.5 years. I went through some trauma and slowly the weight crept back on. To date, I sit at 295lbs and 95lbs to lose to begin with. I feel overwhelmed and disappointed in myself to be back here again. I didn’t gain it all back, but geeze I gained back enough. My life is a mess and the first step to reclaiming my life is starting with my weight. The rest will come. I could really use some support and guidance here. I appreciate you in advance!

I think the first step to reclaiming your life is to forgive yourself. Decide if there is a lesson to learn then let it go. You can't do anything about yesterday. It is done. That chapter is always closed. Beating yourself up over it keeps you from being objective.

Today there is a chance for improvement. It will be a small amount but that makes it less daunting. You can't lose 95 pounds today so try to put that out of your head. You have enough experience to know this all falls under the heading of "incremental change". Do what you need to do today and let tomorrow's version of you take it from there. You worry about your part. Let her take it from there.

If you are interested in losing your weight sensibly and sustainably you are welcome to join my MFP Larger Losers group. It is for people who are starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. It can be found here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • gbarnett2142
    gbarnett2142 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all for your kindness 💜
  • WalkAwayRenee86
    WalkAwayRenee86 Posts: 27 Member
    You have lost weight before and you can do it again. Try to reprogram the negative self talk with affirmations to build self worth. One I’m working on now: instead of dwelling on my bumpy legs that rub together, I can remember that my legs are strong enough to ride 7 miles on my bike. You are enough! 🤗 Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Aponiskye
    Aponiskye Posts: 4 Member
    Hi,

I'm back again too. Lost weight and gained some back. Don't give up, we can do it!
  • craigster1990
    craigster1990 Posts: 12 Member
    You Got this!! Holler if ya need help
  • romeyniko
    romeyniko Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there! I lost 105 pounds about 7 years ago. I gained back 60 pounds since then. I would love to lose maybe 70 pounds this time and keep it off. You can add me if you want. I’m ready to get back on track and get serious. Let’s do this!!! 💪😤
  • smallmu
    smallmu Posts: 9 Member
    Yeah, I did it too - had two babies in the space of a year, got fat, lost fat, broke leg, got fat, leg mended got lazy, stayed fat. Whoops. It'll be ok. Add me too x
  • gbarnett2142
    gbarnett2142 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I suggest you read your title: Self-love. The value of treating yourself right sometimes gets lost while beating yourself up when it comes to weight.

Your words: " I went through some trauma and slowly the weight crept back on..." Trauma of any kind really kicks our @ss sometimes. You didn't gain weight because you were bored. No, you were hurt.

Treat your brain and your body right and with kindness. If its any consolation, many people's life are a mess right now. Make a plan, stick to that plan and work hard. If it doesn't work, then change.
  • ShellyBear511
    ShellyBear511 Posts: 14 Member
    I did the same thing and am basically where you are. We’ve got this. Add me if you’d like.
  • nicholemurphy87
    nicholemurphy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Add me , i started at the same weight, down 38lbs now but could use some friends with this !!