LET'S TALK THANKSGIVING!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Had chicken and a 2 mile walk this morning. Stuck to the plan to a t.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the plan as well here. Rather than one huge Thanksgiving meal, I've been making calorie-friendly versions of Thanksgiving dishes all week long - everything from honey/orange & ginger glazed sweet potatoes and bacon wrapped turkey/spinach roulade yesterday to tonight's green beans almondine, salmon and pumpkin mousse with whipped topping for dessert. Tomorrow: turkey breast, gravy and cranberry sauce This way, I feel as if I've had all the traditional goodies without overeating.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Jello shots!! 😜

4bu4cwgg5fp1.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about stuffing... so many mixed opinions on this! Pesonally, I like a more traditional, but I know people who make it with cornbread or make it with rice, etc. What's your favorite kind?

Also... stuffing > mashed potatoes any day

My Mom's is straight off the back of the Pepperidge Farms bag - onions, celery, butter, stock - plus walnuts. That goes in the turkey.

My OH's mom's is breadcrumbs plus ground beef. I tried to help it by adding a sausage link, but he complained that addition is yet another reason why 2020 is horrible :(
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Call me a total cretin - but I love Stove Top! I add sauted diced celery and onions and add craisins or raisins as well.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Got my turkey fix! About half a bird 😂 also had some cauliflower and misc. snacks like cheese and olives. Sugar free jello and whipped cream for dessert. Such a great thanksgiving. Very low carb. Easy. New tradition!