I lost a whole person! 120 pounds lost! (pics included)

Options

Replies

• l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I generally don't read all through the success stories (I know, how friggin' rude!) but you got my attention with some laughs. GREAT job, you've done amazing and it's great to hear you did it for yourself this time. Thanks for sharing!
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make sure the girl you get this time isn't in it for your sweet bod, haha.

Oh, believe me I have learned my lesson, maybe I need to wear over-sized clothing or something for a while when I start going on blind dates to ensure just that, haha!
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    COMIC BOOK GUY!!! Mmm, cheeseburgers.

You are AWESOME!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i'm from south Tx as well, Tacos and eating are dangerous! Good for you!!!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Great work!
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wholey **** your awesome!!!!!!!! * read the whole thing... cause you write well*
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    :) amazing, congrats
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration. Loved your writing style. A huge CONGRATS and HIGH FIVE to you!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job!!
  • Mljar1989
    Mljar1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    awesome,... great job! :)
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Way to go on a total transformation - inside and out. Enjoyed the read too. :laugh:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

The journey beings in a land where tacos are sold at every street corner and we see a passionate guitar player strumming soulful tunes for spare change.... Ok, not really, but damn it, wouldn't that be an awesome intro?!

My name is Jason, I have lived in San Antonio, Texas all of my life and our culture down here tends to consists of getting together often with family to do one thing and do it HARD.... eat. I was no exception and raised in this long standing tradition and since I was not gifted with a super fast metabolism as a child, I quickly grew into quite the little fluffy chubbykins. I won't lie, I was a cute kid with cheeks that wouldn't quit, but having "baby fat" after puberty is a no go.

So, as I got older and was still rather large, I decided to lose weight. The sole reason for this? I wanted to meet girls and get noticed, this was my goal back then as I had yet to even have a girlfriend and pretty much anyone I was interested in, I was practically invisible. So, I exercised more and just generally ate more nutritious food to get there, low and behold, I reach a decent fitness level here:

21271112-9b74-4f84-bc68-da33ceaa70c9_zps38155a94.jpg

This was taken around 2004 or 2005, and it was around this time that I met my first girlfriend. Yes, my first girlfriend, and I was 21 at this time.... hey, some of us are late bloomers, don't judge me! :P Anyways, the inevitable happened and I gained a bit of "relationship weight" or as some call it "retirement weight", as I achieved the goal in getting the girl, so I can relax the lifestyle a bit more, or so I thought. I am not sure as to how much I gained in that process, but needless to say, when you meet a woman and ALL she talks about in terms of why she is into you is purely things like "you're just so hot, you're body, blah blah" there may be a problem if that "hotness" goes. This is not always the case, but for me, sadly it was. My weight went up a bit, she stopped giving me such compliments and soon after, I was dumped.

So there I was, slightly just a little bigger than my last picture. I was alone, heartbroken (I almost proposed to this girl), and with easy access to food. As a wise man once said "Loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix" (high five if you get this television reference). If gaining relationship weight was any indication, you can guess what happened next.... RELEASE THE KRAKEN..... or, BREAK UP WEIGHT!!!

Guess you could say the song of impending doom was just beginning with the tuning of some strings:

This one I believe was taken around a year later, and you'd think the music would stop, but... umm.... yeah, no:

As you can see, I kind of threw the middle finger to grooming and let the pounds congregate. Eventually, I did get better in terms of dealing with my emotional state and got back to at least making an effort to look nice by cutting the hair and shaving:

Weighing in at 290 pounds, it was around this time in my life where, as you may notice the difference between these last two pictures, I was finally smiling again. I had woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and had the thought of getting back in shape again. The difference this time, rather than doing it for others, where I had just wanted to be noticed by women, it was now for me. I wanted to like what I saw in the mirror. I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin. I wanted to not be pissed off after shopping for a new pair of pants or shirt, or heaven forbid, a BELT. I just wanted to feel good about myself and felt that getting healthy and changing my appearance would be the way to go as I did remember feeling great back then.

The steps were taken to educate myself on proper nutrition and effective fitness plans for gradual weight loss, rather than a faster method. I had looked up so many stories on people needing surgery after huge losses and I didn't really have that kind of money. So the gradual transition began:

This was taken June 2012 and I had lost about 70 pounds at this point. Around this time I had started obtaining an interest in bodybuilding and started adding resistance training to the mix, and GOODNESS this kicked started a chain reaction of EPIC proportions:

This was taken mid-February, and I continued with the lifestyle and that brings us to current day where I hold at 170 pounds consistently:

db12a0d6-fd25-4f75-a8bc-6a6aeb700e25_zps62329cbb.jpg
    21948055-bd9e-4db9-8681-6cc74278819a_zps37daf663.jpg

Too Long Too Read?

I was a chubby kid, I got thin to impress girls, I got one girl, I gained, I lost the girl, I gained some more, and then I lost it all. 290 down to 170, 120 pounds lost.

Thank you for taking the time to read the whole thing if you did. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Good night, everybody!

WOW......you're quite the looker.........awesome job.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!! HUGE congratulations!

:):)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm sure you get all the ladies now :smile:
  • leewoods77
    leewoods77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome story man, well done!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your honesty. Brilliant story, you must be so proud of yourself. And you must love what you see in your mirror nowadays because yes, you are HOT!!!
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    nice work man
  • izahaira
    izahaira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW great story and amazing transformation. Hope I will have my own transformation story.
  • wkile76
    wkile76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WOW, excellent work. You are a true inspiration to everyone. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!