Women 200lb+, Let's Never Surrender in November!!!

Replies

• kgmakley
    kgmakley Posts: 1 Member
    my goal is to lose pounds by new years
    stay under 1400 cal and burn at least 1500 cal a day
  • alorensen92
    alorensen92 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Ladies!

I'm new to the MFP community and would love have some accountability and encouragement when the struggle bus is no joke. After some un-fun health news, I'm ready to do this thing for reals. It's been about a month of legit tracking and calorie counting, and I'll admit that I'm a little bit sad that I gained back 2 lb this week. I didn't do quite as well in the last week food wise, but I do think I'm getting stronger, so non-scale victory.

Starting Weight (March 2020): 228 lb
    Tracking start (October 1st): 219
    Current Weight: 212 lb

I don't know that I necessarily have a timeline for loss goals, but I would love to be in the 1's again around New Years. I think my long-term goal is 165, but I don't want to get too caught up in that. 60 lbs feels like an insurmountable task, even if I know it isn't.

November goals:
    • Meet my calorie goals of 1220/d
    • Drink more water
    • Get outside!
    • Get stronger

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @pamiede ! I am SO happy you survived! It is so good to hear from you again. So very sorry this happened to you. I wish you a speedy recovery, but I imagine its going to be an arduous journey. But you are so strong. You will get there!
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    @iloveeggnog I like what you said about Christmas, it's only one day, not a whole month. I am going to take a page out of your book and not sweat that day. I am going to friends', whose house I was at for Thanksgiving (Canada), and I didn't do too bad on that day. Typically, they have larger plates and smaller plates, because they invite quite a crowd (not sure what will happen this year) and I will try to grab one of the smaller ones as I know how easy it is to just fill the whole plate without thinking.

I have to go out tomorrow, and will be out during lunch time. I really don't want to pack and take food with me but I know it's the right thing to do else I will buy something that will blow the calorie budget! And I won't get home until probably after 2:00, and that's far too long to wait because then I will want to eat more than I ought. Guess I better go figure out right now what I am packing!
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    MaxCat1000 wrote: »

I have to go out tomorrow, and will be out during lunch time. I really don't want to pack and take food with me but I know it's the right thing to do else I will buy something that will blow the calorie budget! And I won't get home until probably after 2:00, and that's far too long to wait because then I will want to eat more than I ought. Guess I better go figure out right now what I am packing!

I have worked to figure "on the go go-to" so I can get something if I need to and also if I'm out with my husband and he says "let's grab lunch". It helps to make me feel more of a lifestyle and not a diet. It takes a little bit of planning but once you know them it is easy to say "oh, we are going ___, I will get this" and knowing I can handle whatever the calories are because it was pre-planned. 🤷‍♀️ just a suggestion
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    2017/18 - highest weigh in ever was 242
    2018, October 236 logged on mfp
    2019, October 193
    Apparently fell off the band wagon without realizing it
    2020, March 214 gym closed, no pool
    2020, August 219-222 started logging again on mfp
    2020, Sept 212
    October 2020 Goal 205, did not make the goal - I am 208 this am (October was up and down).

Starting on 05 November at 208.
    November Goal 200 really by Dec 02nd. I'm keeping this goal, but may need to reassess Dec at the end.
    December 190
    Feb 180
    July 160
    A1C 5.7 or lower in Jan
    log all food and exercise
    Swim almost every day and add night exercise 50% of time. (This plus up night exercise is what I really need to focus on)
    Also - watch the chips....my serious weakness.
    Final goal - Thanksgiving no weight gain. Keep focusing on loss, I will be out of town for a few days so this will be a challenge, because there is no pool at this location.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    @takera16 - try to think of the scale as a math tool, to determine if your calorie intake and fitness intake are correct for adjustments to intake and outputs of food and exercise.

@Making_Impossible_Possible You are exactly where I am with numbers (I'm at 208, didn't lose much in October - about 2-3 lbs, scale going up and down). It was recommended with the adding of weights, for me to add more water to drink. I'm going to buckle down a lot on measuring my food. Not measuring exactly is room for mistakes - when every I focus, I'm always "reminded, just how small 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup actually is" Easy to "top over that" if I don't measure it.

@iloveeggnog Fantastic attention to detail with everyone!

To All: I see there is a lot of ups and downs for everyone, and stress is prevalent with us all. Hang in there, feeling good, and being healthy helps us manage stress better. Although my #'s were not as far dropping. I can say over all I am healthier than I was just 2 short months ago, and more resilient to the stresses that will come my way. Health management is a journey, for ourselves and our families.