Women 200lb+, Let's Never Surrender in November!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm going to add something to my thinking for this week.
    I'm going to try and stop thinking in terms of I will do that "when I lose weight" or plan for things " in the future when I weigh less". This mythical time that seems so far away. Instead I'm going to try to live more in the present.
    I'm going to prioritize things for right now.

This week I will focus on dressing for my body now. I'm not going to put on comfy clothes without making sure that I'm still making an effort to look my best. If I can't answer the door in it I'm not wearing it. I need to find comfy flattering clothes for around the house (AND THIS INCLUDES A BRA!!!)
    I want to make sure that my comfy clothes are making me feel good about myself NOW

OneStopPlus has some very flattering t-shirts in a cut that is longer and skims hips and belly. I would keep ordering from them except that I'm starting to get too small for their product line. (sigh) They wear very well. What's really nice is that they have a lot of variety: scoop necks, v-necks, Henleys, squares, etc. and a ton of solids and prints. As I tend to like to buy five of the same shirt in different colors and wear them out, this always worked very well for me.

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @Making_Impossible_Possible I've avoided pizza because of the high calories in one slice. But will find a way to make a healthier version.

I HIGHLY recommend doing a Chicken pizza crust. My recipe calls for ground chicken, mozzarella and Italian seasoning for the "crust". It is AMAZING and when you add marinara and toppings it tastes just like a pizza. Tons of protein and easy to adjust the calories with the toppings.
  • KMC55
    Options
    This is the time that I struggle and the urge to give up gets so strong. It is TOM so the scale isn't going to move an all I want to do is eat all the chocolate made in my world and the scale will just by pounds (plural), even if I do my very best to eat just want I should and exercise my butt off. UGH!!!. I didn't have the best weekend with eating WAY too much on Saturday (but I did log everything, honestly, no matter how hard it was to do it) yesterday wasn't too bad, but did "munch" too much on almonds. I had a very healthy dinner even though I was all by myself which was a great step forward. With that I now have healthy left overs for the week that I can prep for meals for quick grab and go. I need to be kind to myself and get the exercise in to help with focus, feeling better, and working off the TOM anxiety and slump. I am also going to get my water in more because that will help with everything as well.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    @mamabearangie What I do is that if I feel hungry because of PMS then I'll eat that day (or days) at maintenance and know that that week I won't lose my goal of 1 lb. Keep logging, you got this!! :)
  • Riddikulus89
    Riddikulus89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

Highest Weight: 265
    11/2: 249.2
    11/9: 245.2
    11/16: 245.0
    11/23:
    11/30:

๐Ÿ‚ RE-CENTERING month is going well. I'm still working on these goals, but I've made even more progress this week. I started exercising again, both on the elliptical and with walks around my neighborhood. I've maintained my calories this week, too.

Again, I'm keeping the same goals for this week. I hope I'll make even more improvements and begin to build habits.

Goals 11/16 - 11/22:
    ๐Ÿ‚ Stay under 1800 calories
    ๐Ÿ‚ Exercise for 15 minutes minimum a day
    ๐Ÿ‚ Journal each day

November goals:
    ๐Ÿ‚ Log my food daily
    ๐Ÿ‚ Exercise for any duration once daily
    ๐Ÿ‚ Incorporate healthy self-care
    ๐Ÿ‚ Show a loss on the scale (purposefully not quantified)
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

๐Ÿ‚ Show a loss on the scale (purposefully not quantified)

I like this goal. I may have to use it! What I tell friends who are at quilt group and don't feel like they are accomplishing anything that day is, you have more done now than you did yesterday! And that sure applies here - any weight loss is more than you were down before. We can't always know why we didn't do better this week/month, but we're down from whatever we were at before, so that's gotta be good!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I have to say I was really disappointed with my 1st week. Given how much I have to loose and how focused I was I was expecting 2-3lb off. Lost 1lb๐Ÿ˜ข.
    I know it's a loss but not the boost I was hoping for. With lockdown all this week I can't be tempted- this is the week I normally loose the plot half way through.
    I've met all goals to some extent but this week going to focus on sleep: earlier to bed & earlier to rise, aiming to add more morning exercise sessions.

don't get discouraged!! consistency is more important to your end goal than any individual measurement or scale number. You are doing great things for your body, and she will thank you.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Happy weekend! Still recouping from accident.

Good views is I have made my goal weight! Now I have to eat more calories to maintain healing ๐Ÿ™„

Enjoy your weekend!

Well done. That's an amazing achievement.

Been so busy didn't get a chance to post after WI.

Start:
    5'6"
    1st Nov: 222.
    8th Nov 221
    15th Nov 220

Goals:
    ๐Ÿ“ฑTrack food everyday on MFP & planner
    ๐ŸŒฎ Stay below 1300 cals/
    ๐ŸŸReduce carbs (aim for macro target)
    ๐Ÿณ Increase protein (aim for macro target)
    ๐Ÿฅ›Track water intake. Target min 1.5 litres
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ Exercise at home (PT if I can outside) following a monthly core challenge.
    ๐Ÿ› Track daily sleep & record: aim to improve.
    ๐Ÿ“’ Record each day in Fitness planner & actually review it!
    ๐Ÿ“ฑDaily Blog including gratitude
  • KMC55
    Options
    Random thoughts warning...

So I was driving home from work tonight thinking about how weight loss can be such a struggle sometimes because of all the things that are out of our control, hormones (TOM), cravings, nutritional needs, health needs, etc. etc. etc. etc. (not sure there could be enough etc., lol). It is such a challenge to be able to balance those things that are out of our immediate control with what is IN our immediate control, like what we put in our bodies. How a candy bar/chocolate is so much more tempting and irresistible than the things your body actually needs like protein and vegetables. Sometimes it feels like an uphill battle trying to fight all the demons that are not in my head because there are always the demons in my head (stress, family, emotions, etc.) fighting to derail my goals. I am at TOM so of course I am craving chocolate and sugar, trying to be mindful about it and kind to myself with small tastes, just waiting for those cravings to go away, because I know they will. I have been at this long enough to be able to recognize that I know why I'm craving chocolate like it is oxygen and to know that those cravings will go away in a few more days like they never were an issue in the first place, but it is the process of going through it that can really mess with my head. Getting frustrated because I cannot resist the cravings and having the scale go up because a hormonal issue is causing me to crave things when I have gotten past those endless junk food cravings that I have fought to get past. So many little struggles to get to our ultimate goals. I know it is worth it and I know it will be completely worth it when I reach the ultimate goal. Just the journey can be long and challenging and sometimes feel like it will never end. But for today I stand and fight as best I can knowing that I will be stronger tomorrow than I was today.

Kind of long and totally random but just wanted to put it out there. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @KMC55 The struggle is real. I've been eating "healthy" and at a deficit since June 1st and I still ate a piece of fudge for breakfast and weighed in 2 pounds higher this morning than I did yesterday morning. Thank the good lord for people like you who are facing similar battles as it makes things a whole lot easier to realize I'm not alone. I've ordered clothes in a size I'm not convinced will fit...that's what I keep telling my brain, stop eating sugar or those clothes won't fit when they arrive! It mostly helps. And it enabled me to have only one piece of fudge! One day, one hour, one minute at a time...together!
  • KMC55
    Options
    Week 3 Check-In

Highest: 272.2 (August 2019)

10/1: 239.4
    11/1: 238.0
    11/4: 234.5 (-1.3lbs from last check in)
    11/11: 234.1 (-0.4lb / 38.1lbs total)
    11/18: 234.5 (+0.4 / 37.7 lbs total)

November Goal: 230lbs
    (this has been a goal since the beginning of January but I have found this wonderful community that makes me feel confident I CAN do this now).

Goals / Plans:
    - Track all food honestly and stay within my calories 7 days
    - Exercise at least 3 times a week
    - Manage stress with cleaning or exercise.

I am not going to beat myself up, I am not going to beat myself up. It is TOM and I know I am bloated so going to stay persistent and focused. Plan clean eating and lot of veggies, water and exercise for a GREAT loss next week. No more huge binges even if it is only for one day. I can do this and will do this. Continue to put in the work and stay focused on the prize.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Wednesday

Height: 5'6"
    Highest: 250 lbs (January 2020)
    Start weight: 247 lbs (October 7, 2020)

10/7: 247
    10/14: 243.2
    10/21: 239.6
    10/28: 238
    11/4: 236.4
    11/11: 236.2
    11/18: 234

Thanksgiving has been cancelled in my family this year, and I probably won't be going to the bf's family's dinner, so it will just be another regular day for me food-wise, which is fine with me as I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving food anyway and I'll just be able to stay focused this way.