Low carb?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I really hope we get an answer on this...
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    Ok thanks everyone will just stick with what I know low calorie and exercise

Sounds sensible! Low carbs works well for some people and not for others. After a phase of trying to restrict my carbs, I have discovered that I have more energy if I eat more carbs. I did not change my calories and lost weight steadily with both. It would probably be a good idea to look at your calorie intake to identify why you are not losing weight. This time around I have had to be stricter with my calorie intake; however, I have also exercised more and eaten back my exercise calories.

• derekoh1234
    derekoh1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    mariomicro wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    People are telling me to and that’s all I’m hearing on the web. Having trouble losing weight this time. But no medical reasons

People in my FB feed only post about low carb when they are in the honeymoon period and stop raving about it when they find it unsustainable and gain all the weight back ;)

They must be doing something wrong, because I have been on keto for 2.5 years and haven't regained any weight.

Perhaps they just picked the wrong diet for them?

Just like your diet would be wrong for me and my diet would be wrong for you.

I agree with you, to a point. Keto is not just a diet; it's a lifestyle. If they thought it would be a quick hack to lose weight fast and then go back and eat all the pies, then they would be wrong. There are many ways of doing low-carb and some of these are plain wrong. Atkins is one of these. There are also other benefits of being in ketosis that go beyond losing weight, like, for example, improved mental clarity and overall energy levels.

How is keto a "lifestyle" rather than just a way of eating?

I get how veganism is a lifestyle - not exploiting animals goes beyond what's on your plate. But how does keto go beyond what's on your plate?

8wp4h9wnc94a.jpg

and the constant reminding of how it worked for them so you must be doing it wrong or theres something wrong with you if it didnt work... sorry honey a super restrictive diet isnt for everyone, and carbs arent bad you just need to be able to moderate and limit. Man i swear people on Keto are just as bad and preachy as vegetarians... like eating a potato is equal to eating chicken or beef.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    People are telling me to and that’s all I’m hearing on the web. Having trouble losing weight this time. But no medical reasons

People in my FB feed only post about low carb when they are in the honeymoon period and stop raving about it when they find it unsustainable and gain all the weight back ;)

They must be doing something wrong, because I have been on keto for 2.5 years and haven't regained any weight.

I agree with you, to a point. Keto is not just a diet; it's a lifestyle. If they thought it would be a quick hack to lose weight fast and then go back and eat all the pies, then they would be wrong. There are many ways of doing low-carb and some of these are plain wrong. Atkins is one of these. There are also other benefits of being in ketosis that go beyond losing weight, like, for example, improved mental clarity and overall energy levels.

I get how veganism is a lifestyle - not exploiting animals goes beyond what's on your plate. But how does keto go beyond what's on your plate?

8wp4h9wnc94a.jpg

and the constant reminding of how it worked for them so you must be doing it wrong or theres something wrong with you if it didnt work... sorry honey a super restrictive diet isnt for everyone, and carbs arent bad you just need to be able to moderate and limit. Man i swear people on Keto are just as bad and preachy as vegetarians... like eating a potato is equal to eating chicken or beef.

Don’t you know carbs are the sworn enemy of weight loss??? 😝
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

8wp4h9wnc94a.jpg

Don’t you know carbs are the sworn enemy of weight loss??? 😝

But think of all those burned calories when the carbs and weight have it out!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options

8wp4h9wnc94a.jpg

🙄🤷‍♀️
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    But what is wrong with eating a potato- or eating chicken or beef- if that is what the person wants for their own lifestyle?-- I can't do keto because it is too restrictive for ME- I could not do vegetarian because it did not work well for ME--calorie counting seems to work for me- I have loss about 30 pounds and kept it off so far- so good- but if i don't watch calories- then wham!!!! but this is just me
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    But what is wrong with eating a potato- or eating chicken or beef- if that is what the person wants for their own lifestyle?-- I can't do keto because it is too restrictive for ME- I could not do vegetarian because it did not work well for ME--calorie counting seems to work for me- I have loss about 30 pounds and kept it off so far- so good- but if i don't watch calories- then wham!!!! but this is just me

Those calories are tiny little *kittens* and have to be watched closely at all times. They are NOT to be trusted... just saying 🤣

Sorry, having an extra weird day 😜
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did low carb for awhile, and have switched back to cico not on low carb. I hit goal weight after I went back to "normal". It wasn't horrible, but wasn't for me long term. If I had a health reason I could easily do it. If you like carbs workout and do cico you will be fine 😊
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I have tried low carb in the past and felt absolutely awful on it. I had no energy at all, couldn’t focus, was constipated. Never again. What works for some doesn’t work for others. I am on a high carb plant based diet and feel amazing.
  • RashadLavelle
    RashadLavelle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do a low carb, but I'm not dogmatic about it. After trying several low carb diets such as keto, carnivore, and paleo, I found a good sweet spot. I think Low carb can also be subjective too. But for me, I usually don't go over 80 grams of carbs, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I also do a lot of strength training which helps too.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    yes, most days i stay under a 100g. stay within my calorie goal of 1,440.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do low carb and stay within your calories

I'm sure plenty of people do...