Low carb?

Options
Does anyone do low carb and stay within your calories

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Here's the Low Carb Group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

65,000+ members in there.

I did moderate carb when I was losing weight, 30/30/30 for the most part. It just takes practice.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »

why are you doing low carb? Is it a medical reasons? Trending? Do you like low carb?
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    People are telling me to and that’s all I’m hearing on the web. Having trouble losing weight this time. But no medical reasons
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Have really not started so don’t know if I will like it but do know I don’t eat a lot of fat like from meat or oil mostly eat chicken this is why I’m asking
    psychod787 wrote: »

why are you doing low carb? Is it a medical reasons? Trending? Do you like low carb?

• mariomicro
    mariomicro Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Yes and yes.
  • mariomicro
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    People are telling me to and that’s all I’m hearing on the web. Having trouble losing weight this time. But no medical reasons

People in my FB feed only post about low carb when they are in the honeymoon period and stop raving about it when they find it unsustainable and gain all the weight back ;)

They must be doing something wrong, because I have been on keto for 2.5 years and haven't regained any weight.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    mariomicro wrote: »

People in my FB feed only post about low carb when they are in the honeymoon period and stop raving about it when they find it unsustainable and gain all the weight back ;)

They must be doing something wrong, because I have been on keto for 2.5 years and haven't regained any weight.

m7ummq39085a.jpg
  • mariomicro
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    mariomicro wrote: »

Perhaps they just picked the wrong diet for them?

Just like your diet would be wrong for me and my diet would be wrong for you.

I agree with you, to a point. Keto is not just a diet; it's a lifestyle. If they thought it would be a quick hack to lose weight fast and then go back and eat all the pies, then they would be wrong. There are many ways of doing low-carb and some of these are plain wrong. Atkins is one of these. There are also other benefits of being in ketosis that go beyond losing weight, like, for example, improved mental clarity and overall energy levels.