You have 600 calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat breakfast. I don’t eat lunch. So my main meal is dinner. So it lasts like an hour and is about 600-700 calories. Sometimes more.
    Tonight. 2 soft tacos with Mexican cheese, sautéed Cod, romaine lettuce, guacamole, salsa, and a little bit of rice with butter.
    Followed by a chocolate protein bar & water melon.
    Oh shoot. It’s 9 pm and I made myself hungry.
    I guess it’s popcorn tonight.
    The joys of IF.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,902 Member
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    I’d almost never have that many calories left at the end of the day.
    But if I did, I’d definitely have dessert.

This thread makes me so relieved. I had no idea what was reasonable for most people for their dinner meal. I thought 700-800 was like, a reasonable and responsible amount 😂

Humbled and amazed. Thank you. I’ll be able to put myself in check a little more now.

The joy of CICO is having a manageable goal. Reasonable and responsible become totally flexible. Sometimes 1,200 is an awesome dinner. Or sometimes it’s lunch, and dinner is a couple cups of broth.

Sometimes it’s a blowout, and you apply that flexibility from past/future days.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Love the disagrees for fast food that fits into someone's calorie goal. 🤦‍♀️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Love the disagrees for fast food that fits into someone's calorie goal. 🤦‍♀️

Right? They may snack/graze during the day or be trying OMAD (which I can't do because, errm, snacks are life) or have other reasons.

@GummiMundi Your insight was helpful as a signpost for anyone who may be wondering about caloric allocation, meal timing, etc. I, for one, eat relatively heavier for my first two meals but prefer not going to bed on a full stomach.