Inversion Table Experiences?

Options
Ikeeptrying2
Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
edited November 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have experience using an inversion table for back stretching and decompression?

If so, I'd be interested in the your thoughts whether they are good, bad or ugly..

Thanks!

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What are you using it for? I liked it for my herniated disc but not for my ankles. Still have it languishing the back of my storage locker, lol
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Options
    Back / spinal decompression.

What make/model do you have?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just mentioned inversion therapy in a group earlier today! My mother had an inversion table set up in the living room back in the 80s. She was rehabbing from a lower back injury sustained on the job (she's a nurse).

It was one of MANY approaches she used during recovery (along with weightlifting to the point of competing as a bodybuilder). She's still not 100% pain-free all the time, to this day, but she knows what works for her to alleviate/manage pain.

Talk to your healthcare team to see if the investment makes sense for you (and if it's covered by any insurance coverage you may have access to).
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Oh, I just mentioned inversion therapy in a group earlier today! My mother had an inversion table set up in the living room back in the 80s. She was rehabbing from a lower back injury sustained on the job (she's a nurse).

It was one of MANY approaches she used during recovery (along with weightlifting to the point of competing as a bodybuilder). She's still not 100% pain-free all the time, to this day, but she knows what works for her to alleviate/manage pain.

Talk to your healthcare team to see if the investment makes sense for you (and if it's covered by any insurance coverage you may have access to).

Thank you.
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What is your goal with the device? They can have some use when stretching the back. My table is one of many tools I have when it comes to stretching, rehab, recovery along with rollers, straps, balls, etc.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Options
    What is your goal with the device? They can have some use when stretching the back. My table is one of many tools I have when it comes to stretching, rehab, recovery along with rollers, straps, balls, etc.

Back stretching and decompression.
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Back stretching and decompression.

It can be a useful tool for that, but I haven't found it to be the end all. It's one arrow in my quiver along with some yoga, other stretching, rolling, and exercise.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Use it every day...
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    My husband uses his nearly every day. 10 minutes hanging upside down. It helps to straighten out and lengthen his back.