What bad decisions did you make today?

Options

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I decided to cross the street on my nightly walk instead of just rounding the corner and ended up with a car running over my foot, lots of bleeding on my elbow and hand, totally clean sweatshirt peppered in arm blood, loss of exercise time, and sore butt (all from falling back trying not to get hit).

I did totally prove the cop taking my statement wrong about not having the walk signal because I didn't press the button. I take the same route every day. I know my temperamental lights. :)

(Foot's not broken or anything. I did limp the rest of the way home, tho.)

So sorry about your foot/arm! I'm glad you're not suffering from anything broken, that's so lucky!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    "What bad decisions did you make today?"

All of Them .
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I decided to cross the street on my nightly walk instead of just rounding the corner and ended up with a car running over my foot, lots of bleeding on my elbow and hand, totally clean sweatshirt peppered in arm blood, loss of exercise time, and sore butt (all from falling back trying not to get hit).

I did totally prove the cop taking my statement wrong about not having the walk signal because I didn't press the button. I take the same route every day. I know my temperamental lights. :)

Holy crap! This is brutal! I hope it heals up quickly. 😔
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Holy yikes! Glad you lived to tell the tale with minimal-ish damage! What the heck was the driver of that car doing to run into you???

I hope you recover quickly and with minimal/no pain. :heart:
  • airmidthehealer
    airmidthehealer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started watching a movie, then Googled the movie and found out the ending. Now I don't know if I want to watch the entire movie or not. I do this a lot with shows and books. I just don't want to wait to see how it turns out.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll find out later when they come back to haunt me 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @glassyo Oh no! That's beyond scary. Did the driver stop to check on you? Didn't the police offer to ride you home?
    @airmidthehealer If it was Inception, Vanilla Sky, Fight Club, or anything even glanced at by M Night Shyamalan, then don't bother 🤷🏾‍♀️

Meanwhile, I just came to say I finished a bag of Tostitos Hint of Roasted Garlic even though I don't really like the taste.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    - Watched a bunch of declutter/minimalist/zero-waste videos on YT. Realized I'll never be like them because I live in a house with two other people who value stuff too much to be willing to work on getting rid of it.
    - Felt bad because my home will probably never get to that level/we'll never be minimal/zero waste people. I can't change other people, after all.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I've been so exhausted and running low on patiemce so I gave my kid too much attitude today. Now I feel like a *kitten*.

It happens. You're human too! My motto is "fess up when you mess up" - some of the best lessons we can teach our kids is how to be able to admit our own mistakes. ❤️

Hope your day turns around... Sometimes you just need a break to set things on a better course.
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    I’d tell you but it would sink a ship weird the weight
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Eating some of these...
    DSC06112.JPG
    😞😥😭
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Gin. (and Oreos)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Eating some of these...
    DSC06112.JPG
    😞😥😭

How do you only eat one? Or some.. and not all? Those look yummy. :yum:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I clicked into the mask thread.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I clicked into the mask thread.

+1
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    - Watched a bunch of declutter/minimalist/zero-waste videos on YT. Realized I'll never be like them because I live in a house with two other people who value stuff too much to be willing to work on getting rid of it.
    - Felt bad because my home will probably never get to that level/we'll never be minimal/zero waste people. I can't change other people, after all.

I understand this so much! I told me husband we should have a joint/house goal for 2021 to reduce how often we put out garbage (baby steps right?) and he pretty much scoffed at me and said we already put out a little garbage amount (usually 1 big bag a week plus recycling) and when I said but we can do better he was not thrilled about the idea. Le sigh.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

I understand this so much! I told me husband we should have a joint/house goal for 2021 to reduce how often we put out garbage (baby steps right?) and he pretty much scoffed at me and said we already put out a little garbage amount (usually 1 big bag a week plus recycling) and when I said but we can do better he was not thrilled about the idea. Le sigh.

Yep, that's where I am. I already notice I put out way less garbage per week than most of my neighbors, but I know I/we could do better. I just don't think my spouse has the same list of priorities (which I get, but obviously find frustrating).

I am helping with declutter by trading away books I've read or that we don't want for ones I want instead of buying them new. I sometimes go through my media and pick CDs and DVDs I never watch or games we've all played already and sell them to a site that resells them, but will give me some money back for them. I donate things or give them away by posting on local sites to put out feelers for who might want the perfectly usable things I have (but am not using), but I still feel like I could always be doing more to minimize. And of course, I can only minimize my things, not my spouse's stuff (and he keeps every little sentimental thing) nor my kid's stuff (unless he wants to let it go), so there's a fair bit of clutter lying about. And it aggravates me.