Weird things that happen to your body as you age.

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    At 50, I'm turning into a tee-totaler. Drinking more than one large or two small glasses of wind and I won't be able to sleep due to heart palpitations.
    I'm already completely gray and no-one ever knew until Covid shut down the hairdressers at my place. Even when dyed, the texture of my hair changed: it is more rigid and harder.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    The day you turn 50, you notice one, single, very white, very long hair growing down your chin.

If it were only limited to your chin, no problem. WTF knew you would need an entire selection of tweezers!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I so hope this thread is meant to be humorous..... No offense to anyone, but.... I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type :D:D:D:#

Yes. Yes it is. Most my posts are. Gotta laugh at ourselves, right?
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    So I recently discovered not just grey, but snow frickin white hairs. There. Down there. :#

@Just_Mel_

Have a Field Day.

gillette-razor_grande.jpg?v=1489781551

Oh, it's happening.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So I recently discovered not just grey, but snow frickin white hairs. There. Down there. :#

@Just_Mel_

Have a Field Day.

gillette-razor_grande.jpg?v=1489781551

Oh, it's happening.

@Just_Mel_

So, Mel.... ya know, like... do you need a ride home after this thread is done & over ??
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Well I’m 31 and for the past few years I can’t really handle booze anymore or a lot of irritating food.
    Used to be able to go to the club, leave at 2am out of my mind and go to work at 8am hungover but able to get through the day. I call out now. Ain’t no way.🙅🏻‍♀️
    34 here. Kinda this, turning point was about 28-29.

I can still function the next day but, back in my 20s, I barely even got hangovers... Nowadays, even just a bottle of wine will have me feeling off the next day and the last time I got drunk I couldn't think straight the whole day after...

ETA: also, muscle soreness takes longer to go away.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You mean in the land down under. Look away dixie land. Look away. Waaay down south in the land of cotton. White cotton. :D:D Take a razor to it and shave it off. Done. Fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_z3MHhNrw
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it, but has anyone mentioned deteriorating vision? I've had perfect vision my whole life but in my 40's I can tell it's declining, not so sharp anymore.

Yep. Eye doc gave my new glasses prescription with a "booster", kind of like bifocals training wheels.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, but has anyone mentioned deteriorating vision? I've had perfect vision my whole life but in my 40's I can tell it's declining, not so sharp anymore.

Ima bifocals denier - I just put my glasses on top my head to read menus and the like ... no charge for the pro life tip
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Ima bifocals denier - I just put my glasses on top my head to read menus and the like ... no charge for the pro life tip

Progressive lens are a game changer.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Progressive lens are a game changer.

^^^ This! Been wearing them for 6 years+.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    No bifocals or bifocals booster yet, I'll just stretch that arm out as far as I can to see a picture or print. I'm not there in full and complete arm extension, yet, but starting to understand now why my dad does it. When I do need glasses, I'm going to look for some stylish ones and rock them. Can I rock bifocals?! Hmmmm.....
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Well once you are through menopause it is great in my experience. No more hormonal swings, no more unpredictable periods (No periods is wonderful !), no more sore boobs, etc. Doesn't mess up your vacation (if we are ever allowed to have those again). On the downside, as others have mentioned, the randomly sprouting hairs, the wandering pains, the 9pm bed times lol. Oh yes, the need for 10 pairs of reading glasses scattered around the house as I can never find the last pair I was wearing (probably on my head).
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    OMG.. These comments have me laughing. Im 54 myself and the period thing is a HUGE issue for me.. REALLY!! come or go make up your DA-- mind. Ive had night sweats for years too. Oh and the biggest thing of all.. READY... Where in the hell are my abs going? Getting thicker in the abs then ever before. I never had a six pack but dang the bloating can go and the period cramps off and on and there is nothing there.. just shot me...