Woe is Me! Thanksgiving Ruined Everything!

Options
2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I weighed exactly the same today as yesterday, which is up from last week, but only 1.5lb. I also got in a good workout this morning and more steps overall today. Maybe the scale will be down tomorrow 🤷‍♀️
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    patrickaa5 wrote: »
    1,974 calories over? That's terrible! You must not have tried hard enough. I didn't weigh this morning, but I was a good 2,500 calories over goal. It had something to do with having firsts (and seconds) of all three pies.

Lol..I was telling my husband this morning that perhaps the 3rd piece of pie yesterday was excessive.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I was stunned that I was only up 1.8 pounds this morning. I don't even think about calorie goal on Thanksgiving. This year was my first-ever solo holiday (usually go the SIL/BIL's house on the other side of the state), so I decided I was going to eat whatever foods I like, traditional or no, and whatever quantity I wanted. Certainly, this was more carbs and sodium than usual, so I was expecting more like up to 3-4 pounds just from water weight plus the transitory digestive contents.

I haven't logged it yet (may not - soooo many recipes!) though I have the notes so I can if I decide to. Having logged "all I can/want to eat" days in the past, they usually top out at around 2-2.5 times my TDEE, so perhaps enough calories to gain a pound of fat. I don't really expect quite that big a result, based on past experience.

I'm going to have to log some of the recipes, though: A side effect of solo Thanksgiving dinner, eating all I care to eat of whatever I care to cook, is So. Many. Leftovers. (I made a whole batch of buttermilk biscuits from scratch, half a dozen individual pumpkin custards, and more . . . didn't eat them all. 😆) Some are already portioned out in the freezer, others will be. I need the calorie numbers for those for routine calorie logging.

On the other side of the balance sheet, Thanksgiving day starts the annual Concept 2 Holiday Challenge (200k rowing machine meters between that day and Christmas Eve). Going to try it again this year, see how the aging (now 65 y/o) body holds up to that volume of the same exercise. Even funnier: We're still on-water rowing. I rowed 7k this morning on water, plan 8k machine later in the day. That'll wipe out a few hundred Thanksgiving calories . . . or allow more munching on leftovers. 😉

Same weight today vs last week. Aunt granny, I've been doing some rowing. You ma'am are tough. My lats were sore for.. well still are!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I have a couple more days of Thanksgiving eats ahead of me. Maybe if I keep at it eating this way, I'll get big enough to donate blood some time next week. 110 pounds almost makes me cringe, though, but it'll come back off pretty easy.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Walked twice on Thanksgiving and only up 0.5 lbs Friday. Had a leftovers and people over Friday night and was up a pound on Saturday. Walked four miles Saturday then had people over for more Thanksgiving leftovers and overate. Am concerned this might be a trend. Definitely need to work on social skills to avoid overeating(mouth full/can't talk). Looking forward to getting back to gym tomorrow. Now, need to wear masks and only limited amount of people allowed inside at a time, so hope I can get in.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Overate a little Thursday, so wasn’t as hungry Friday. I didn’t eat enough protein Friday, so I was hungry all day today. Hope I won’t be up too much tomorrow!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    LOL! Thanks for the preemptive post.

I predicted 3 lbs up. I was 2 lbs up this AM.

Quoting myself to finally update. I rode that 2 lbs (give or take a half-pound) until today. Then a sudden 2.5 lb drop to a new low.