Woe is Me! Thanksgiving Ruined Everything!

Options
Hahaha! I'm going to beat everyone to the punch.

I'm up 5.4 pounds this morning after Thanksgiving.

The world has not ended. I can still fit my clothes. All is not lost. I have not sabotaged my diet fuhr-evah and evah. No gnashing of teeth or rending of hair.

I was 1974 calories above goal. I had a hella good time eating lots of yummy stuff yesterday, particularly the mac and cheese, the Nurnberger lebkuchen, and some nice chocolates.

I'm going out for a nice long walk, and then going to the gym, and then doing a Zoom class or two.

How about you? And be sure to follow up in a few days that you're right back down again.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I knew the title was messing with us :wink: Congratulations on 5.4lbs, that's quite an accomplishment, I've never had an uptick of more than 2,5lbs :mrgreen:
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I losted. 3lbs. Time for leftovers.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    LOL! Thanks for the preemptive post.

I predicted 3 lbs up. I was 2 lbs up this AM.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1 lb... I saved calories all week and had a workout yesterday. Time for leftovers!
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    I was up 3.1 lbs from yesterday morning. Told DH the leftovers are all his. Going to set my sights on losing this temporary gain by Monday. :blush:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm down three pounds and it's also due to where I am in my cycle and he fact that I dislike most foods served for Thanksgiving.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2 lbs from last week. I was shocked; but yet I didn't go overboard yesterday so should be on par.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    That's my only problem -- I got gifted a bakery apple pie and have 3/4s of it. Will have to fit it in my goal over the next few days.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn’t gain or lose. But I exercised yesterday so that probably helped.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    No TG day meal (already ate over 15# of turkey b4 TG) here but I've gained 7# over the past 8 months wc I attribute to higher alcohol consumption while "socially isolating."

Just resolved to lose at least 5# in next 3 months. Did it b4 and can do it again.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1,974 calories over? That's terrible! You must not have tried hard enough. I didn't weigh this morning, but I was a good 2,500 calories over goal. It had something to do with having firsts (and seconds) of all three pies.
  • starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So normally I have apple pie on Wednesday, and of plenty on Thanksgiving. I am up 2 and half lbs... I did not pig out either. So many carbs
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Down one pound from yesterday, but still up one from the day before. Don’t sweat the small stuff.