Ben Affleck is Batman?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    While I am not going to say Ben Affleck is an amazing actor, I wouldn't blame him for DareDevil. His acting was okay in that movie, the problem was the script was HORRIBLE. The best actor in the world wasn't going to make that a good movie. Ben has had a talent for picking really horrible scripts to accept, which makes him seem like a B-list actor. I think the real issue with Ben as Batman is his size. Batman just always seems like a shorter power person, and Ben has a lot of work to get into the shape that would be necessary for a convincing Batman. If he is going up against Superman as the rumors say, it is going to take a lot for me to believe he isn't dead after the first round. Of course I would be down for the count after 1 round with Ben so what am I saying :happy:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I am not seeing Ben Affleck as Batman either, but hey maybe they see something I don't.

Someone said Heath Ledger as joker, that wasn't actually about Heath Ledger when people commented. He had some big shoes to fill. Jack Nicholson is a tough act to follow in any role. So he was had to really step up his game and he pulled it off. Sometimes it isn't about the actor in the role, but who played that role before?

But I don't really see him as Batman, unless it will be more Kitch. In my opinion he isn't very dark and that is my concern. George Clooney and Val Kilmir I could see that they had a dark side even though goofy. I don't see Ben as good at dark.

This...exactly this. I cannot see Ben Affleck being good at anything dark...
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If anyone has not seen Daredevil.....you probably should, not for the entertainment, but for seeing how Affleck does as a hero! Although he has matured as an actor (and person) since that role, he will have to fill what Christian Bale has done as Batman. He has some BIG shoes to fill, and I do not think he will accomplish the task!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I still see Ben Affleck as Daredevil and it was a horrible movie, I know he wasn't to all to blame but come on. I cant imagine him playing batman. I am huge fan of Ben Affleck, I love him in the Town and Argo. But I just cant see him as Batman.

I actually *liked* "Daredevil."

Back_away_slowly.gif
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    I still see Ben Affleck as Daredevil and it was a horrible movie, I know he wasn't to all to blame but come on. I cant imagine him playing batman. I am huge fan of Ben Affleck, I love him in the Town and Argo. But I just cant see him as Batman.

I actually *liked* "Daredevil."

Back_away_slowly.gif
    Haha, loved the SImpson image:)
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    As I am a big fan of the Justice League, I hope this movie does well if not better than the Avengers. The cast for the Avengers you can not beat though......I hope that the Justice League will be able to compete......and Affleck may or may not have been a smart move. Only time will tell.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    As I am a big fan of the Justice League, I hope this movie does well if not better than the Avengers. The cast for the Avengers you can not beat though......I hope that the Justice League will be able to compete......

:heart:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    As I am a big fan of the Justice League, I hope this movie does well if not better than the Avengers. The cast for the Avengers you can not beat though......I hope that the Justice League will be able to compete......and Affleck may or may not have been a smart move. Only time will tell.

We were talking about this in my office today, too...my thing is that there's no background on the other members of the Justice League except for Green Lantern. And let's face it, aside from Ryan Reynolds 99% naked, that movie wasn't all that great (although I did think he made a decent Hal Jordan). The Wonder Woman movie that had been in the works got tanked. And knowing Hollywood, they'll probably cast someone like Jessica Biehl for her and that, IMO, is just as horrid as Affleck playing Batman...so, I'm not sure how they'd tackle a Justice League movie...
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    ...he's a great actor.
    You lost me.

He's an OK actor that has been pretty good (Boiler Room, Paycheck, Argo) and really bad (DareDevil, Gigli, etc).

The man can direct... Acting he should just leave to his brother.

Barman is such a dark character that plays such a great contract to Superman, and I don't think he is capable of portraying that. It's kinda like Valmer. He was pretty and made a decent Bruce Wayne. But the second he became Barman he lost all cred.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Only if Kevin Smith directs and Jason Mewes is robin...

u2f7qI1.gif
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ...he's a great actor.
    You lost me.

He's an OK actor that has been pretty good (Boiler Room, Paycheck, Argo) and really bad (DareDevil, Gigli, etc).

The man can direct... Acting he should just leave to his brother.

Barman is such a dark character that plays such a great contract to Superman, and I don't think he is capable of portraying that. It's kinda like Valmer. He was pretty and made a decent Bruce Wayne. But the second he became Barman he lost all cred.

Totaly agree on Val. He was the better of the Bruces from those movies, but didn't care for him as the Bat.
  • ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    154635_10200519838864679_215506870_n.jpg

98f2e444-77a9-4980-b1fd-9562482281de.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*edit* For the record: I like Ben Affleck. These were on my FB today and I thought they were funny.

Hahahaha!:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

We were talking about this in my office today, too...my thing is that there's no background on the other members of the Justice League except for Green Lantern. And let's face it, aside from Ryan Reynolds 99% naked, that movie wasn't all that great (although I did think he made a decent Hal Jordan). The Wonder Woman movie that had been in the works got tanked. And knowing Hollywood, they'll probably cast someone like Jessica Biehl for her and that, IMO, is just as horrid as Affleck playing Batman...so, I'm not sure how they'd tackle a Justice League movie...

I also liked Green Lantern. *shrugs*

They aren't going to make the Wonder Woman movie? To whom do I write to express my anger?!?!?! *&*$&*$&$&#$&
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    One of the better things I saw on Facebook today

tumblr_mrzux7SGao1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg
  • ajaxe432
    Options

They aren't going to make the Wonder Woman movie? To whom do I write to express my anger?!?!?! *&*$&*$&$&#$&
    Hopefully they do with wonder women and my personal favorite "Oliver Creed"!! Unfortuantely Ryan Renolds is in talks with Marvel........Deadpool:) Should be good!
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    ibn8qe.gif
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Hopefully they do with wonder women and my personal favorite "Oliver Creed"!! As for Green Lantern, Unfortuantely Ryan Renolds is in talks with Marvel........Deadpool:) Should be good!
  • smartseagull
    Options
    Wait... Why are they doing Batman again? I don't think you can top the last three (and especially last two).
    Someone needs to make a good Wonder Woman. Let Ben Affleck try that out.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The Dark Knight is Batman. Batman is no Dark Knight. Justice League without the Dark Knight will suck. Don't make the Justice League a cheap Avenger knockoff please.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    ibn8qe.gif
    Sez. . . IT. . . ALL. . .

*drops mic*

*Leaves*