Potatoes

Options

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Potatoes are great, and I am another who eats them regularly, along with rice, pasta and bread. I need my carbs. I just track them as part of my calories. There are so many lovely ways of making potatoes.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    OP. There was once a thread running by a guy who lost over 100lbs. He ate mostly potatoes. He mashed them and put them in a nonstick waffle maker and ate them crispy and plain. I thought it was too restrictive like the above post I quoted, but you can lose weight eating them. Just watch your sauces and fats.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    if you want to loose weight and just get it over with, then no potatoes just eat a meat ie protein and a green vegetable, so chicken and broccoli NO rice, salmon and green beans NO quinoa, steak and asparagus NO potatoes, eggs and spinach NO bread, something and something NO tortilla

protein + green veggie

you can thank me after 6 weeks! ha ha

How is eating 400 calories of salmon and potato going to result in me losing weight faster than me eating 400 calories of salmon and broccoli?

Jane--you've got it turned around. He thinks that if you eat salmon and broccoli you'll lose more and faster than salmon and potato, but then again, he's keto and that's pretty much a religion. I suppose because it's hard to stick to if you don't convince yourself that it's marvelous. My apologies to those ketoer's who like it and don't try to convince everyone to to it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    if you want to loose weight and just get it over with, then no potatoes just eat a meat ie protein and a green vegetable, so chicken and broccoli NO rice, salmon and green beans NO quinoa, steak and asparagus NO potatoes, eggs and spinach NO bread, something and something NO tortilla

protein + green veggie

How is eating 400 calories of salmon and potato going to result in me losing weight faster than me eating 400 calories of salmon and broccoli?

Jane--you've got it turned around. He thinks that if you eat salmon and broccoli you'll lose more and faster than salmon and potato, but then again, he's keto and that's pretty much a religion. I suppose because it's hard to stick to if you don't convince yourself that it's marvelous. My apologies to those ketoer's who like it and don't try to convince everyone to to it.

Oops, I knew that -- I just switched it around in the writing! Thanks.
  • snowflake954
    Options

protein + green veggie

Sorry--I immortalized it in my quote. Want me to wipe it all out?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

protein + green veggie

You should do a Google search on the Penn Jillette potato diet... might dispel some of your nonsense about potatoes.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

protein + green veggie

Sorry--I immortalized it in my quote. Want me to wipe it all out?

No, it's a useful reminder of my fallibility! ;)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

protein + green veggie

How is eating 400 calories of salmon and potato going to result in me losing weight slower than me eating 400 calories of salmon and broccoli?

Well... are we talking listed calories or useable calories??? ;)
  • Snugbug6
    Snugbug6 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Unless you're talking crisps, fast food fries, or some prepacked frozen creation, it's just a vegetable! Lots of fibre and nutrients, and a healthier carb than bread.